Personal & Professional

DANVERS LLC.

The guests started to arrive, as well as the owners of the company.

Y/N and Carol kept a smile on their faces as they entered the event, while they held hands and put on their loving couple bluff.

They entertained their guests as they waited for others to arrive. Y/N and Carol were on opposite sides of the room, doing their best to avoid each other.

Their life has been dull over the months, being deprived of many things.

They didn't bother celebrating their wedding anniversary last year, we'll see what happens this year, after all it is their 10th anniversary together.

"Y/N, there you are!" An important guest greeted her.

"It's great to see you here, Mr. Davis." She hugged him happily.

"Where is Carol ?" He asked, searching for her.

"Oh, she's over there, talking to a few of our friends. Come on, let's go over." Y/N pointed to a group of people her wife was talking to.

She guided the man towards her and joined the conversation.

"Honey." Y/N stretched a smile on her face, facing Carol.

"Sweetheart." Carol grabbed her by the waist.

"Mr. Davis was looking for you." Y/N grabbed Carol's hand and pulled it off her waist.

"Oh, it is such a delight to see you here. Where's the Mrs. ?" Carol shook his hand.

"Probably by the bar, drinking a great amount of alcohol, or flirting with the bartender." He shrugged, personally I think his wife might be doing both.

Their conversation continued civilly as their guests made continuous comments about the two's love life.

They successfully excused themselves from the bombarding remarks of their marriage.

"Don't get too comfortable, this is just for show." Y/N whispered over to Carol.

"I know, but you can't keep avoiding me if you want people to believe that we are the happy couple." Carol added.

"Is it my fault that everyone wants to be a part of our marriage ? They're all so nosy." Y/N said frustrated. She isn't wrong, everyone wants to know the details of their relationship, that's the downfall of being a public figure.

"Just smile and pretend like we're in love." Carol said, smiling at others as she held Y/N's hand.

Y/N won't admit it, but it breaks her every time Carol says pretend. It's not like she's head over heels Carol anymore, but being together for nine years has a lot of emotions involved. Y/N doesn't need to act like she's in love with Carol because she is. She just doesn't know if Carol feels the same way anymore or ever.

----------

"Everyone, thank you for visiting DANVERS LLC. and its new creations. It is our greatest honor to have all of you here today. The last year for this company has been a heck of a journey, but because of the amazing employees we've made it this far.
And of course, to my wife, who envisioned this establishment. Without her DANVERS LLC. wouldn't be anything.
Thank you for coming, everyone." Carol spoke as Y/N stood beside her. Once she finished her speech, she gave Y/N and peck on the cheek, for show of course.

"You really are the person behind this." A guest of theirs complimented Y/N.

"I wouldn't say behind, but yes, I am." Y/N smiled.

"I admire you both. It is a challenge to work with your spouse."

"Thank you. It's hard, but we just learn to keep the personal at home and the professional at work." Carol said.