Part 2

Part 2- Conversation

They grabbed small stools that were placed at the rear end of the room and place next to her bed.  They started their questions :

"Where were you yesterday?"
"At a bar" she replied not even looking at them.
"Do you know your perpetrators?"
"No"
"Would you recognize their faces?"
"Yes"
"What is your profession?"
"Medical coder" she replied. All her answers were one word Aryan noticed as he jotted down them on his notes.
"Where you live?" He asked
"Andheri"
"Are you from here? I mean from Mumbai?"
"No"
"Then?"
"Village. Pagdandiya"
"Parents stay with you?"
"Yes"
"Do they know..?" Yukit was present the whole time, she answered that question " We got her information while ago, her parents should be here anytime now" Aryan nodded
"How did you get there? I mean the place where it happened?" He hated asking such question because it means they have to retrace their most horrible moment of their life. She didnt reply. He repeated but she didnt reply. He didnt want to press any further, she is victim of horrible crime many giving up their lives.
"Thank you Imlie. Please take care and rest, if you want us to know anything please let me know. I am keeping my card here" he looked at her last time and exited. He couldnt get her lifeless eyes out of his mind. He tried to gather as much information he could in short time. His phone rang, and frowned it was his fiance, Kajal.
"Hello?"
"Where are you?"
"Work" he simple replied
"But baby i was waiting for you for dinner"
"I told you i have a case. Nothing is more important to me than my work Kajal i told you"
"Dont get mad , i cooked pasta for you"
"Anything else you want to say ? I have work to do"He asked her.
"Jab dekho kaam kaaam. Seriously Aryan its starting to piss me off"
"Ok then bye" he hung up , he doesnt have time for this. He was engaged to his college friend, she propsed him and to not break her heart he said yes. He doesnt love her but liked her enough to get engaged anyways one day it was bound to happy if not her than someone else.
Yes, he was workaholic he would have sleepless night to solvr his cases and dont even ask about his family. They were riot, they loved their only son alot. They supported each of his decisions. Atleast Imlie has her parents on her side to get her through.

At hospital, Imlie mother came running crying hysterically while her rather kept distance sad but shame shrouded on his face. Imlie didnt cry, she just hugged her mother back. She knew the reality, she knew her dad will never accept her.

"Imlie we are going back to village tomorrow. Just me and your mom. Hume sharam aa rahi hai Imlie" her father said, society was the most important to him. Her mother begged to his husband but the decision was final. Her mother kissed Imlie on her face everywhere but Imlie just sat there, another harsh reality hitting her, making crack to already half cracked soul. She lied down and bed, Yuki left hour earlier promising to return.

Imlie knew one thing however she wants justice, even if it take years, even facing obstacles.