Letter

"Dear my beautiful Klee~"

"Mom?" Klee thought to herself. It must have been from Alice, her mother. The handwriting was exactly like her's, and who else would call her "my beautiful Klee"?

"What is this about? Why is this in the gramophone?" Klee asked herself, confused. She continued reading.

"Now, to answer your questions, this is something important about coming of age or whatever, which I'll come back to, and it's in the device because it was most practical and strategic!"

"Oh... that answers it." Klee smiled. She then laughed a bit. Her tears had stopped by now. Getting a letter, any word, from her mom made her feel so much better.

"Now now where to start. First, I guess I see you've been tinkering with this old device huh? I call it a gramophone, as you'd probably expect from the recording. So, seeing as you're tinkering with this, I would expect you to be around... maybe sixteen? Or seventeen? Either way, you're looking at the letter, and that's all that's important."

Klee looked amazed at the letter. This was written back several years ago? She couldn't believe it. She didn't believe it, but it had to be true.

"If you couldn't tell, I had this letter secretly placed in this for quite some time, waiting to be opened and released. I knew you would get it, and just you. You're probably the only person to make sure this thing would never break, even if your life depended on it."

Klee giggled a little bit. It was true. She made sure nobody would touch it in case it broke. Too bad it stopped working by itself.

"I also guessed you'd pick up my touch eventually. You picked up my explosive personality quite early on, so it was a matter of time until you expand your thoughts from explosions to more practical devices and items. I'm sure you've almost figured out how to take this think apart and put it back together by now."

Klee just smiled as she looked at the letter. Alice expected a lot from her, however, she hasn't met a few of them. Like the gramophone. She had no clue how most of it worked. And "expanding her thoughts" for example. She'd only ever tinkered with the gramophone, but never thought of it more than just therapeutic time.

"If you haven't yet, it's perfectly fine. We have plenty of time to figure out what people want and need, and how to make something that can help. After all, we do live much longer than most, but anyway, that's not important right now. I'll get to the point of the whole letter now."

Klee read with much attention. Every word her mother said always had meaning, or in this case wrote. Alice always did everything with a purpose.

"So, now that you know why the crazy woman put a letter in the device, I can explain into detail what I want for you!"

"Want for me? Is she getting me something? No, that doesn't make sense." Klee thought to herself. Everything that had happened that day was now gone, all focused on this letter.

"You're at an age where you can start discovering stuff for yourself. You're also not a child anymore. That's why, I want you to leave Mondstadt!"

"Leave Mondstadt!?" Klee exclaimed to herself out loud.

"Yes! Leave Mondstadt! I know you have plenty of memories here, but Teyvat is beautiful everywhere! I want you to see the world before it's too late."

Klee was in disbelief.

"I know, I know, you've been to Liyue and Inazuma a few times, but you never go anywhere else, even as curious as you are. I want you to grow independent. Albedo won't always be there, same goes for Jean, and even me! There's will be a time where you will be completely alone."