Chapter 19

YOUR POV:

"It would be impossible to be any madder than you are

"It would be impossible to be any madder than you are. That doesn't mean I don't have my limits and you're always at the edge. You were out of your mind today."  I motion to my arms still held above my head and he releases me from the painful angle. "I'll tell you what I did to Galavan but I need answers from you too." Now his hands are on either side of me on the wall, he had cornered me like usual. I can't even tell when he gets close, it's not fair. I raise my voice with every word as I tell him, "You make me mad. What's wrong with you?! Jerome, you almost killed a bus full of kids and you had me dressed like a lunatic." I point to my clothes now laying in a pile on the floor, I had changed into more comfortable clothing after our tense encounter following the mission.

Silence. He doesn't get to be silent after everything he's done.

"It's one thing to have me trapped in here with your equally disturbed friends but being a pawn to a rich asshole isn't something I signed up for. You don't own me, from now on I don't want any surprises like today. I knew I should've skipped town as soon as they left you to rot in that asylum, why are you doing this to me?" He still doesn't answer but chooses to lean against me instead, this only riles me up further. "I offered you my friendship and this is how you repay me. Tell me why?!" I push him away from me with force. I'm not a toy he can control. "Say something! Why are you so frustrating?"

"You were never this cruel before, whatever I've done, I've done for love. I know I showed up uninvited back into your life but I couldn't fight it. I tried Y/N, I did but you're an addiction I don't want to get over. I can't stop this growing need and neither can you." The heat in my words seemed to finally burn him but the satisfaction I thought I would feel isn't there. I feel an unfamiliar pain in my chest as I gazed up at him, "I wish you would look at me like you did before, without disgust. Sometimes I still think you do."

"You're not the only one who's hurting Jerome. I can't be near you, my mind runs to places it shouldn't." The air feels suffocating and I hold onto him to keep me from entertaining an impossibility that shouldn't happen. "I don't like that. I don't-"