Special Day

David's eyes shot open, rising himself up from his bed groggily, the morning light creeping through his curtains. He lifted the bedsheets off of him, he stepped onto the fuzzy carpet of the floor of his apartment. David yawned, walking towards the kitchen while stretching his arms.

He opened the fridge, there was enough food to feed himself for the whole day, but then he'll would have to go grocery shopping again. I should go get groceries later today, he thought to himself, his stomach growling in hunger.

His phone rang suddenly, David reached over his hand to where an outlet was above the counters, which was where his phone was charging. On the screen was bold, white letters that read "Mom" he quickly answered the phone call and brought it up to his left ear.

"Hello?" David said loud and clear, wondering what his mother wanted at such a time.
"Good morning sweetie!" his mother said in a chipper tone of voice, "How's my birthday boy?" Shoot, I almost forgotten that today's my birthday!
"Oh right, yeah, I'm doing good..." David responded sluggishly, rubbing his eyes. Looking over to his calendar that was plastered on his fridge.

"Well, today I thought maybe we can go to your fun job of yours for your birthday!" chorused his mother, David lolled his head to the side and thought for an moment, it wouldn't hurt to do so, he was getting hungry anyway.
"Of course! Who's coming?" inquired David, checking out his nails for a brief moment.
"Just family! Me and your dad, cousins, aunts and uncles!" his mother answered bubbly.

"Alright, so are we going right now or..?" his voice trailed off.
"Right now will be great! I already told everybody! I'll pick you up in a few minutes!" his mother hurried, by the sounds of it she was probably already in her car.
"Okay, bye mom... see you soon.." David mumbled, getting off of the phone call, quickly going towards his room again where his closet was.

He opened his closet, thinking of which clothes he should wear on his special day. David picked out a quite loosened up green sweatshirt with a pair of jeans.
"This should be good enough..." David muttered, looking at himself in the rectangular mirror which was next to his closet was.

He then walked out of the room, getting out his apartment keys, opening his front door and closing it behind him. His eyes squinted as he did due to the bright light coming from the sun, it took awhile for him to adjust to it. Ugh! The sun's up already? It's only eight o clock...

David made it out of his apartment, a road was in front of him, cars drove by, all different colors and shapes. He spotted his mother's car, which was parked by the sidewalk, David walked towards the car in a slow and steady pace, opening the car door which was right next to the passenger seat. His mother greeted him, then something caught David's eye.

David saw his aunt, Amelia, and Hudson, his uncle, as well as their young daughter, Wendy, who was staring outside the window, groaning in boredom.
"Where's Noah?" David murmured while getting inside the car, narrowing his eyes slightly. His little cousin was not to be seen, which was quite odd for him.
His aunt was the first to answer David's question, "Oh Noah's with the rest of the family! Don't worry about it." Amelia responded calmly, fanning her face, probably because of the AC in the car wasn't turned on.

"Joseph is paying for the family, so they're waiting for us right now at the Pizzaplex!" Hudson explained joyfully, Joseph was the name of David's dad by the way, and he really looked up to him ever since he was a young boy.
Wendy crossed her arms, huffing angrily to herself, "I heard that they recycle the pizza slices there!" she blurted out.

"Those are just rumors, Wendy," Amelia sighed, "They're not real." Wendy rolled her eyes, muttering to herself.
"Are y'all excited?" David's mother chimed in while holding her grip on the car wheel as they drove towards the Mega Pizzaplex.
"No..." Wendy grumbled, staring at the floor, David observed her, it seems that she wasn't that thrilled, which was quite relatable to David since he liked to stay at his apartment almost the whole day.

Hudson turned his head towards Wendy, furrowing his eyebrows, "It's because of that phone." he chortled, Wendy side-glared him for an moment, then went back to what she was doing earlier.
David began to smile slightly, it was nice being with his family, even though some days he would just like to be alone. He pictured himself watching his favorite comedy show on his tv, wrapping himself with the softest blankets ever.

David's mother then suddenly stopped the car, a wide smile on her face "We're here!" she sang, getting out of the car as well as Amelia and Hudson did, their daughter following behind. And from the window, Freddy Fazbear's Mega Pizzaplex had already had huge groups of families entering inside, which was no surprise at all since it has been known to being the place to create happy memories that'll stick forever.

Personally, David thought his job at a security guard was alright, but in fact he wasn't the only person working as one. Vanessa, another security guard that has been working longer than David was pretty nice to him. The days when Vanessa was working was the days David had his breaks, making him have time to go anywhere he pleases and have fun.

David walked along side his family as they finally entered the Pizzaplex, the sounds of kids shrieking in joy and upbeat music playing through the speakers.
"Do you need me to help pay?" David asked his mother, who shook her head.
"Thank you for asking sweetie, but don't you remember that we bought membership here? As far as we know our entry won't cost as much for the next months!" David's mother clarified, patting his back reassuringly.

Wendy trotted next to David's mother with her younger brother, Noah, trailing behind her, "Aunty, can me and Noah go to Bonnie Bowl first?" Wendy muttered, not really making any eye contact with anyone.
Noah spoke first before she could answer, "I said I wanted to go to Monty Gator Gold first!" he retorted, Wendy sighed angrily, giving David the look which said "this is what I deal with everyday".

"We'll be able to do everything today, okay? No more fighting. We are going to eat food first before doing any of those games." David's mother conceded truthfully, Wendy and Noah nodded in understanding before heading back with the rest of the family. I should greet my family, that would be the most polite thing to do right now, David followed his little cousins who lead them to where he aimed to go.

For what David could see was more of his other aunts, uncles, cousins, and even some really close family friends.
His Grandma walked up to him, giving him a nice big hug, "Wonderful to see you my sweet boy!" she cooed, looking at his eyes happily, "Wow you look like you've gotten much older than the last time I saw you I swear!" It was a shame his Grandpa couldn't come with them, he was at home with an deadly cough, but David was sure he would get better in a few days or so.

He smiled happily, "It's nice to see you too, Nana." he then went to see his other family members, greeting them all with hugs. Now since they all made it to the Mega Pizzaplex Lobby, the fun can now began.
"Let's go ahead and have some pizza first," David's mother exclaimed, beckoning the family together with her hand.

. . . .

David took a bite of his pizza, enjoying every last bit of it, all the adults in the family were mostly just chatting, while his cousins, nieces and nephews went out to began their fun adventure in the Mega Pizzaplex. Sometimes, I wish I can be a kid again... David thought for a moment, his gaze drifting off to one of the animatronics that were taking photos with the quests.

"And so I told my manager—'well since customers are begging for us to bring back the double cookie dough milkshake, why don't we put it back on the menu?'" one of David's family member rambled in the background, at family gatherings most of the time while the kids are having fun, they always talk about weird or funny moments that happen at their jobs.

David looked over at his mother, "I'm going to walk around for a bit." he murmured, standing up from his seat.
"Okay, I'll let you know when the birthday cake is ready." she replied, David nodded, walking out of the restaurant, now in the Lobby again. I'll try to see what Noah and Wendy are up to... David thought to himself, they're either at Bonnie Bowl or Gator Golf...