CHAPTER FIVE:

"There is no one but you and me, sweetheart." Noah's voice oozed out from above me. He was still holding me down to the island, his heavy body pressed up against mine; successfully pinning me in place.

His words took a minute to register in my brain. It felt like I was always a few steps behind him, not matter what I did. I could not beat him physically, and now I was not sure if I could beat him psychologically.

I felt like this was a battle that I would never win.

"You can't keep me here forever." I turned my head to try and face him, craning my neck backwards.

A strand of hair fell in front of my eyes and clouded my vision.

Noah's weight shifted on top on me as I felt one of his hands let go of one of my wrists. However, he only placed both my wrists in one hand with ease. The light at the tunnel suddenly caved in and I knew he meant to keep me pinned. His now free hand went to my face, causing me to flinch and cower down towards the island.

I felt his body constrict as he let out a sigh and pushed the strand of hair that had fallen in front of my eyes away. I tried to shift my arms out of his grasp, but he gave a tight squeeze with his hand that was holding both of my wrists, reminding me that he was still stronger than me even with one arm. I felt my chest tighten up as my wrists began to throb under the pressure he was putting on them.

Never in my life had I been handled this way, and I could imagine this was how a little bunny would feel in the paws of a hungry fox. Just like the bunny, my life was in his hands right now and I could not do anything to stop him.

Noah's hand retreated from my hair and rested on my back. He gave a little nudge with his hips on my ass and I bit my lip in response, attempting to hold back a whimper.

"I'm not keeping you here, I'm protecting you." His words came out as a sigh, like he was trying to explain algebra to a six-year-old. "You belong here, Jess." I bit my tongue harder at my nick name that only my friends use.

Only my friends call me that, only then could I stand that name. With him, it sounded like poison coming out of his mouth.

My brain drifted off to my friends. What were they doing right now? What were my best friends Danielle and Jacob doing? They were probably at the mall spending all of their money on food or other things that they did not need. Who is there with them to prevent them from ripping each other's head off if I was not? Those two were constantly at each other's throats and someone needed to negate the damage they did to each other.

I was brought back to the harsh reality of my placement when I decided to speak up again.

"I don't belong here. I belong with my family and friends." I bit back in response, choosing to ignore his word choice.

I felt him let out another sigh and his hand start to rub my back. My body tensed and I felt the urge to throw up. His touch was like fire against my back, and I wanted to get away from it as quickly as possible.

"This is a whole new life for you, it'll take time to get used to. But I promise that you'll be happy here, with me." Noah said once again. He sounded like a broken record.

I shifted again on the counter. The corner of the island was now cutting off circulation to my lower half and I was getting really uncomfortable with Noah pressed so tightly against me.

"I'm going to let you go now, but you have to promise me that you're not going to try and stab me again or run. If you do, I'll have to restrain you again and punish you." Noah seemed to read my thoughts as he spoke. His voice came out low and threatening and almost hesitant, like he thought I was immediately try and bash his head into the counter once I was away from him.