CHAPTER NINE:

Noah's footsteps came closer and closer to the bedroom door. As his steps got louder and louder each second that passed, my heart beat got louder and louder, until I was able to hear it clearly in my ears.

Each passing second felt like an eternity that I waited. I tried my best to control my heavy breathing that escaped through my parted lips, but I could barely contain my anxieties.

I laid back against the headboard of the bed and rested my eyes, trying to reassure myself that everything was going to be okay.

Each time I shifted on the bed I could feel my phone pressing into my ass, reminding me that I could not fuck up or it would all be over.

I did not want to fathom the idea of dying at his hands, or worse. However, I would have enjoyed dying more than staying my whole life trapped with Noah.

I turned my head in the direction of the door when I heard it creek open. Noah stepped through the frame and held a tray in his hands. He had a frown on his face and I felt my heart sink to my stomach. Had he already known what I have done? Was he going to kill me right here? I was starting to feel sick again.

"You know, when I said to keep the door open I meant opened more than a crack." He clicked his tongue in disapproval and shook his head slowly.

I swallowed the saliva that built up in my mouth and looked up at him in fear.

"Are you feeling any better?" Noah placed the tray beside me on the bed instead of on my lap.

I took a deep, silent breath before I spoke. "Not really. I'm really tired."

I glanced down at my hands, a nervous trait that I had picked up when I was younger.

The bed dipped down as Noah took a seat beside me. I could feel his eyes studying my face and body intently. The covers that I had pulled all the way up my body now felt like it was as thin as paper under his intense stare. I felt so exposed and uncomfortable.

"I made you some soup, I figured it would be easy on your stomach to digest." Noah broke his stare by pushing the tray towards me. "I hope you're not getting tired of it." He half-laughed.

I swallowed and forced a smile. "No, soup is one of my favourites." This was not a lie. I loved soup. My mom used to make homemade soups at home all the time, and they were always very good. I was starting to crave some of her cooking now that I was stuck with Noah.

"I know." Noah nodded and pushed up from the bed.

I watched him as he took a step back from the bed and walk towards the bathroom. My stomach clenched again as I watched him go into the bathroom.

I moved my body closer to the bowl that was placed beside me and began eating. I had to act as calmly as I possibly could or else he would know.

"Did you puke?" I heard Noah call out from the bathroom and I cringed.

I swallowed the hot liquid, feeling it warm my throat on the way down. "Yeah, I think I might have the flu or something." I lied. I was just traumatized from his story earlier.

Noah's frame poked out from the bathroom. His eyebrows were furrowed downwards and his lips were pulled down into a grimace. His hand went up to his forehead where he pushed some of his hair back and let out a sigh.

"I might have something to make you feel better, hold on." Noah exited the bathroom now and began walking towards his drawer.

Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. Fucking shit!

I felt my breathing become erratic and I curled my legs up underneath me, sitting up on my knees now. I needed to be ready if he were to notice the missing phone and keys, but how could he not notice?