Aware

A silhouette loomed over the sleeping yet weeping Demon Lord, curled up in a tiny ball. His arms hugged his knees with all his might.

Those red, distant eyes only watched in silence-- before finally deciding to pick up the crying Lord, being as careful and gentle as possible.

She slowly caressed his hair, going by instincts and Rimuru's memories.

Even with the lack of emotions, she has shown, her breath stuttered irregularly. Seeing her own Lord and Master in such a miserable position left her confused and helpless.

She could only go based on her Master's memories for assurance.

She was aware of the intense trauma her lord has faced and never recovered from; it made her own ten times worse. She felt useless when watching her own, precious Master fall into a state of panic and despair.

Over and over and over...

She felt the abrupt urge to hug Rimuru, and she did. Wrapping her small arms around his body that she carried, trekking to his house together in the dark.

Her eyes shone on that same darkness, the only thing showing brightness besides the fully illuminated moon.

Her only thoughts were of her Master's comfort and resolvement on the issue; so she went to overdrive.

Her mind going through millions of possibilities...

And for some reason, all of them were rejected.

No. This can't be. Raphael refused, I won't let Master suffer like this.

She arrives at his house, immediately going inside and placing him in his bed. She goes to enter his mind to continue researching but was stopped by a warm hand.

"Come here," A voice demanded weakly, her eyes widened in surprise, before turning to meet his gaze.

It nearly shook her to the core; his eyes were akin to anything she has ever seen before. It was lifeless, dull, and dead. His eyes were deprived of color and life.

However, there was still that tiny glance of a yearning for comfort.

"M-Master?" Raphael was most willing to help her lord, but seeing him as this scared her, and brought a new emotion forth that made her paralyzed to do anything.

"Did I scare you?" He asked softly, his hand retrieving back under the abundance of blankets, his eyes were plastered with genuine concern as he unravels himself out of the mess of his bed, slowly approaching the petrified skill.

"I-I..."

He only looked at her with warmth, his glance directed straight to Raphael's own one's could he comprehend immediately the problem with her.

Clasping his fingers tightly around hers, he lifts them up and met them up to their faces, his curious gaze morphing that into worry, "I've made you take care for me so much I haven't considered what you felt during all this. I'm sorry, as your partner, I should have been smarter."

He chuckled, "What a disappointment of a Master I am, to even forget my special assistance' feelings on the matters." He then lowered his head, exposing the whole back of his neck. He was bowing down to his own skill, his own ability. "I'm sorry, I'm sincerely sorry... I should have known how reckless I am, and how right you were... back at Walpurgis..."

Raphael panicked at her Master's action, "M-master!" She shouted uncharacteristically, "No, it is not your fault at all," She composed herself, but she was slowly losing it as well, "I will always put your safety before my own, so there is no need to bow. That is not something I should have made Master do--"