Chapter Eleven

For an instance, the world was quiet. There was only the warmth of Loki's mouth, the firmness of his body against mine, the stiffness in his every trembling muscle as I pitched my lips above his, rising onto my toes.

His hands were desperate for any inch of skin and his lips starving for my retribution. I pulled away a moment later, finding his green eyes kindled with flame. His breathing was harsh, ragged even as if he had just slain a dragon.

I laughed lightly. Oh, how fun it was to get my way. "Wee lamb," I cooed. Loki glared, harder than he ever had before. I made to unhook my fingers from his jacket pocket, ready to strut right out of that study. But I only got as far as lowering my right hand before Loki surged towards me to kiss me again.

The force of his lips against mine knocked us against the bookshelf. The wood slammed against my shoulders and books flew off the shelf at his strength. His soft, cold hand slid into my hair whilst the other grabbed my hip. His fingertips pressed so deeply into me, that I knew they would bruise. And for a moment, I was fearful to know what may happen if anyone saw those bruises. But all of him, lined up against all of me felt too good to worry about what Albruna may think.

The moment I hit that wall, the moment Loki enveloped me, it destroyed any restraint I clung to. I wanted this, I wanted nothing but the freedom to be as powerful as I wanted and do whatever I wanted. And at that moment, I wanted Loki. 

I opened my mouth and his tongue swept in, greedy and desperate to please. The kiss was punishing and raw. And the taste of him, nothing had ever tasted so good. It was like a smoke sweeping over Asgard in the middle of winter, like the forbidden books I yearned for. 

I moaned. Never had I heard such a sound escape my lips. Pure ecstasy. It seemed that simple whimper was the Prince's downfall, for the finger in my hair gripped me as if for dear life. He angled my head, tongue plummeting into my mouth as if he craved my taste.

For the first time, I allowed myself to truly touch him as my hands roved over his body. Muscles lay hidden under his tailored clothes, strong and firm. I was desperate to find any of his skin, anything to touch as our tongues met and parted. 

I kept up, meeting his hunger stroke for stroke. All sense of self disappeared, all I could think about was him and how much I wanted him. I plunged my fingers into his ebony hair. It was as soft as silk against my fingers. It was long enough to grip, holding him firmly against me.

Every hateful thought towards him, towards his highness, vanished as I gave in fully to the distraction. Something about it felt so incredibly right, it was more than the desires of the flesh or wants of my carnal mind. It was as if I was a puzzle finally made whole as soon as I gave in to my wants. I welcomed the change within me with open arms, letting the kiss burn through any shame or fear that lingered. There was only Loki's mouth and his tongue and his teeth, tasting and biting. There was only the weight of his body on mine, pressing firmly against me. But somehow, even then, he wasn't close enough.

Loki hiked up my skirt and slid his icy hands around me, grasping my ass as he lifted me up against the shelves. I wrapped my legs around him, finding myself absolutely helpless as he pressed himself between my thighs.

This is what I had been needing. Every unfair, awful thing in the world was suddenly made right by this reprieve. It was as if I was blind my whole life, and now I could see. 

Loki ground into me, groaning deeply into me at the first push of his hips. Every last bit of reason in me became undone at that deep-throated sound. I parted, panting as I looked up towards the ceiling. The ceiling was painted a heavenly blue and was speckled with gilded stars, for a moment I truly thought I had died and gone to Valhalla.