Best Wishes

"I know boys," she said

"I know boys," she said. And trembled while holding the flower she'd been longing to offer.
To a young lad who's serenading another, those eyes could capture a flock of gals.
It wasn't her best day to love, so bad that she would whine and suffer.
To a young lad who's smiling, he offered his tulips on the gal he fancies.

"I know him," she said. And she wondered if that would ever be enough to sit with him, sharing a song and a drink.
To a young lad who looks kind, but only sees her as pal to share a booze with.
She's pretty, though. A real siren. She's awed at herself. But love made it hard to think.
To a young lad who offered her a ride and service. The affection couldn't measure any width.

"He seems nice," she described. And wandered about it in a swoon for days. She'd like to, she wants to.
To a young lad who offered a conversation, slashing misconceptions, assumptions- feelings.
It decluttered such fazed headspace. To a feeling and climax that she chased. To dream that she's up to.
To a young lad who has a wedding to celebrate and a wife to love. Defeated, she left the church. Leaving her letter that contained confessions and feelings that was disguised as greetings.

"Best wishes." It was the only thing that she could whisper-whimper.