Only Big Kids Make School Friends:

A week and a half after my seventh birthday, Mama and Papa started buying school supplies and school uniform for me.

"Am I going to a new school?" I asked Papa one day when we were in the school shop.

"Yeah. It's a very expensive school and very expensive uniform so don't ruin it." Papa said.

"I don't want to go to a new school. I made friends in my old school in England and I haven't seen them since I left. I don't want to make friends in my new school and my new class." I explained. 

"You don't have a choice Elizabeth. You've already been accepted into this school and me and your mother are sure you'll like it." Papa explained to me. 

Why did Mama have to be involved? I didn't want Mama involved in my school life but I knew that she had to be. I wanted an update on my real daddy.

"Papa, do you know what's happened to my real daddy?" I asked. 

"No Elizabeth I don't but I think you're mum does. We were talking last night." Papa said. 

"Anything about my real parents should involve me! Don't make me upset Papa!" I shouted at him. 

I know I shouldn't have shouted at him but it just came out. 

My dad brought my uniform and we drove back home in my Papa's Land Rover 4x4. I enjoyed the drive home as my favourite CD was in the music player. 

When we arrived home, Papa picked me up and carried me inside and placed me on the sofa before he called Mama. 

Mama came in with one of my brothers. Where was the other one? Mama was also crying. 

"What's wrong Cam?" Papa asked. 

"Liz's father has passed away. As we haven't sent the adoption forms off yet, we've got to send her brother off back to England. We get to keep Lizzie though as we've had the official letter from the Official Court of England and the official letter from The White House in Washington." Mama replied.

I didn't know what any of that meant but all I knew was it was something bad. 

"How will we tell her?" Papa asked. 

"I'm not sure. Liz, can you go upstairs please?" Mama asked.

I obeyed Mama's orders and walked up the stairs asking Jack to follow me. 

I enjoyed the dogs company so watching a movie with Jack was a treat.

I went to the treat chart and placed a cross out

'Letting Jack/Jill on bed to watch a movie'.

Me and Jack entered my bedroom and I turned my TV on and started a movie while encouraging Jack to stay with me on the bed. 

Half way through the movie, I took Jack down into the garden to relive himself.

After he did a wee, me and Jack went back upstairs into my bedroom to finish the movie. 

Half an hour later, Papa called me downstairs. He didn't sound happy. He sounded very sad.

I walked downstairs with Jack and we walked into the living room where Mama and Papa were sitting on the couch with Jill at Papa's feet. 

"What's wrong Papa?" I asked. 

"You're real dad has passed away. That means that you won't see him or hear him again. As we haven't filled out your brothers form, he has to go back." Papa explained. 

What happened to Daddy? Why does my little brother have to go back to England? Luckily I understood soon enough but it took a bit of explaining.