Chapter 2: The Threat

Chloe POV

As soon as I entered Le Grande Paris, I greeted my butler Jean-Pierre and went straight to my room to have a shower and relax. After fighting The Brotherhood, saving Paris and training without a single break, I could use some me time. Sabrina was asleep in the room next to mine.

With a great sigh, I rested on my bed and was about to fall asleep until I heard my phone ring, revealing an unidentified number. After ignoring it a few time, I answered the call.

"Who is this?" I asked in an irritated tone.

"Hello, Chloe. It's been a while." A voice I recognized answered.

"A-Alya? How did you get this number?" I asked, making sure she doesn't hear the fear in my voice.

"I have my ways. Anyway, I have a proposition for you. One you can't ignore." She replied.

"What?" 

"You must cut ties with Mari-trash." She said.

My eyes widened in terror. End my friendship with Marinette Dupain Cheng?

"And why should I do that?" I demanded.

"Because we have a hit squad ordered to kill your father, mother and sister if you don't. And if you tell anyone, they will die." Alya said.

Fear froze my blood. Despite how dysfunctional my family is, I still care for them. Had it not been for Marinette, they wouldn't have made amends. And now I repay her by ending my friendship with her.

"Also, we need you to spread a rumour about Tommaso being La Volpe. And him being the step son of Gabriele Ricci." Alya added.

"No! That's something I won't do!" I shouted.

"You better. Or your parents and sister die." She threatened.

I sighed and looked at a picture of myself, my parents and Zoe.

I'm sorry, Mari. I thought.

"Alright. I'll do it. But, I'm only doing this to save my family." I said.

"Didn't think Chloe Bourgeois is capable of saving someone else's skin. Mari-Trash must've changed you. Or maybe it's your conscious?" Alya taunted.

I gritted my teeth in fury as I heard her laugh echo into my head.

"If I do this, you'll leave my family alone?" I asked.

"You have my word, Queen Bee." Alya replied sarcastically and hung up.

I threw my phone across the room and sobbed.

"Oh God, what am I going to do?" I muttered.