3.1 - John

We stopped by the room I'd chosen as my own in the bunker. Hunter had his own across the hall, but more often than not, he stayed with me. Over the course of the past few weeks, most of his things had ended up in my room, so really, I guess it was our room now. And while we hadn't really gone that far in our relationship, we did share the bed when it came time to sleep. It cut down on the number of trips back and forth across the hall in the middle of the night. Because it seemed that killing your own father was the sort of thing that caused nightmares. Who knew?

After dropping our coats and bags off, we headed for the kitchen. Hunter and I walked quietly, side by side. Everything was okay between us again. And honestly, I was grateful he was so bent on taking care of me when I was so bad at it.

We walked into the kitchen to find Thea and Vasco with a stranger. I paused in the doorway, surprised, even as Hunter continued in.

"I didn't expect you to still be up," Hunter said, walking right up to the table she was sitting at.

Thea shrugged. "I shouldn't be, but I'm stalling. Kaylee is coming tonight and I want to see her." She glanced at me. "You should eat. Mom and I made muffins."

Hunter was on it before I could say anything or deny that I was hungry.

"Sit," Hunter said, with a no-nonsense tone that told me I wasn't getting out of this. So, I took the seat across from the new guy. The leather jacket and the dyed hair gave him a dangerous vibe, but there was only one person who he could be. The missing Reinhardt.

"I'm John," I said as I sat down.

"Jett." The new kid said and offered his hand across the table.

I stared at it for a moment, but Hunter came to the rescue, as usual. He set a napkin with a large muffin down in front of me and shook Jett's hand.

"I'm Hunter. It's nice to meet you."

Hunter claimed the seat next to me, setting a can of Mt. Dew in front of him.

The muffin was a blueberry one, with the little crumbles on top. I tore a small piece off and ate slowly. Vasco chose that moment to wing across the table, coming to rest on my arm.

"Yeah, I know what you want." I broke off a small piece of the muffin and fed it to the demon. Vasco cooed appreciatively and eagerly bobbed his head for another.

"He certainly gets around," Jett said, chuckling a little at Vasco's antics.

Avery, Benji, and Kaylee came into the kitchen then and the girls immediately formed their pack as young teenage girls tended to do. Benji took a seat at the table next to us as Thea quickly grabbed her bag and headed out of the kitchen with Kaylee in tow.

The muffin tasted like cardboard to me and I knew it had nothing to do with Thea or her mother's ability to cook. I just didn't feel hungry. But, eating was something to do and chewing meant I didn't have to talk.

"You're from New York, right?" Hunter was asking Jett as the rest of the group started to arrive. Anissa arrived next with Tessa and Hunter's dad close behind her.

"The city, yeah."

Avery fixed herself a coffee from the pot that was nearly always on and joined Benji at his table. Cameron also grabbed a mug of coffee and found a seat, clapping Hunter on the shoulder as he passed.

"Hey, how'd tonight go?"

Hunter looked up at him. "Nothing new, unfortunately. Another dead end."

"That's too bad," he said, snagging a seat from another table, and pulling it up behind me and Hunter. "We'll keep working on it. The others might have another location for us by tomorrow."