June 15th, 1943 - Camp Lehigh, New Jersey

12 total healthy recruits all stand in line, simply waiting. Well, most of them look healthy, all but one. A young man with blonde hair and blue eyes, his body small and sickly. 

Stood next to him is a young man, roughly the same age, with dark brown hair and matching eyes, his skin tone olive in color. He possesses good muscle, with a straigh look on his face, which just so happens to have the start of a beard growing.

The sickly man can't help but move his eyes towards the man next to him, before facing forward again as a voice calls out to them specifically.

"Recruits, attention!"

The recruits straighten as a beautiful woman approaches, clad in a british army uniform, with long dark brown hair and matching eyes, red lipstick that works just right.

"Gentleman, my name is Agent Carter. I will be supervising your induction today." She introduced herself as she handed out papers and clipboards. "To begin with, I shall need you to complete this document."

The olive skinned man is handed his, and the first thing he notices are the words 'Last Will and Testament.' He can hear two guys next to him gulp nervously, but he isn't fazed. He even noticed the small guy next to him unfazed as well, making him smile slightly.

"What's with the accent, Queen Victoria? I though I was signing up for the U.S. Army." A meathead asked, making the tanned man roll his eyes.

"What's your name, soldier?" Unfazed, the british agent asked.

"Gilmore Hodge, your majesty." He answered smugly.

"Step forward, Hodge." Carter ordered him, a straight look on her face.

"Hmm, we gonna wrassle? Cause I got a few moves I know you'll like." He told her with a wink, before she quickly socked him in the face. He hadn't even seen it coming.

The tanned recruit couldn't help himself but snicker under his breath, though he quickly stopped himself. It always was the biggest guys who were the dumbest. And the most arrogant.

He didn't even noticed that Agent Carter had heard him and turned his way, looking at him closely. She couldn't do anything, however, as a jeep pulled up. From it stepped out a man, who turned to the agent.

"Agent Carter."

"Colonel Phillips." Carter greeted back with a salute.

"I see you're breaking in the candidates. That's good." Phillips states as he walks over and stands before the fallen Gilmore. "Get your ass up out of that dirt and stand in that line at attention 'til someone comes and tells you what to do."

"Yes, sir." Gilmore stands quickly, his nose now bleeding from the previous punch as the Colonel looks down the entire line.

"General Patton has said that wars are fought with weapons but they are won by men. We are going to win this war because we have the best men..." His eyes pass over the sickly looking man. "...And because they're gonna get better. Much better. The Strategic Scientific Reserve is an allied effort made up of the best army in history. At the end of this week we will choose one man. The first in a new breed of super soldiers. And he, will personally escort Adolf Hitler to the gates of hell."

.

.

.

After the Colonel's speech, Sergeant Duffy ran the recruits through many excruciating training exercises over the next few days. The net wall climb, or the barbed wire crawl when Gilmore had kicked the barbed wire to nearly drop on the sickly recruit. Thankfully, he was able to push on with the help of the olive skinned man.