Chapter Three: Strange

This male, this male that had just fallen out of the sky, was unfairly handsome.

Especially his eyes, a strange blue-violet like the night sky, but of course, all of him was just as catching. His shoulders were broad, his muscles so clearly defined in those dark flying leathers. Nehemia forced herself to look away before the stranger noticed her staring.

Nyx opted, instead of riding, flying, with those bat-like wings. Backwards. In a reclining position. Nehemia wondered if it was a difficult maneuver or if many of his kind could achieve that.

"So, Nehemia," He was suddenly upside down, flying in front of her, at this distance she could count his many small scars that littered his face. "What kind of land is this? Do you own human slaves?" His eyes were curious, but his tongue damned the words he spoke.

"Slavery was abolished many years ago. Terrasen would never, never, tolerate slavery. Of any kind."

"I see." His eyes twinkled with something she couldn't decipher.

She guided Midnight around him yet he followed.

"Are there other Kingdoms here in Eiria?"

"Erilea."

He waved a hand as if dismissing her correction. "Yes, yes, but?"

She shot him a glare. Lost or not, she did not appreciate his questions. She flicked Midnight's reins, urging her to trot faster.

She tuned out five more questions when they finally reached the palace.

Alyssa was already waiting. Her cousin looking furious.

"Nehemia Ashryver Galathynius Whitethorn." She screeched, stomping like an angry child, although she was only six months Nehemiah's junior. "How dare you go out without me?"

Nehemia laughed, dismounting. "I didn't know I should've waited, Alyssa Ennar Ashryver." She mocked.

Alyssa opened her mouth to reply when she caught sight of the male behind Nehemia and her mouth gaped for an entirely different reason.

"Who's that piece of eye candy?"

"Alyssa!"

"What I have eyes!"

"Nyx Archeron, pleased to make your acquaintance." He bowed, still flapping in the air on those bat like wings.

"Where is he from?" Alyssa asked.

"I'm right here?"

"Another realm he says, Prythian." Nehemia interrupted.

"Strange." Alyssa circled him. "Very strange."

Indeed.