Chapter Two: Lost

One moment Nyx, son of the High Lord and High Lady of the Night Court, was racing his Uncle Cassian home for dinner. The next, a hole had ripped in the sky and he fell through it, the echoes of Uncle Cassian's yells following him.

And the next he was on top of the most beautiful female he'd ever laid eyes on.

Who then shoved him off shrieking, not that he could blame her.

The beautiful female reached a hand into her black mare's saddlebag and retrieved a dagger, pointing it at him.

"Who are you?" She said. "Answer me before I cut you to pieces."

She had the most hypnotic turquoise eyes, ringed with gold, and silvery white hair that fell to her waist. Her skin was a burnished brown, face speckled with freckles across the top of her nose.

And her dagger pressed against his neck at his next breath.

"Who. Are. You."

"My name is Nyx Archeron. Son of Feyre Cursebreaker." He didn't mean for his voice to get that rough, but Cauldron and Mother damn him whoever this female was, he had to know. "And yours?"

"I have not heard of this Feyre Cursebreaker you speak of. Which kingdom do you hail from? I do not know of one with winged people." She said, ignoring his question.

"Kingdom?" He asked, the spell of her beauty broken. "I am from the Night Court. Where am I?"

Supposedly deeming him not much of a threat, she lowered her dagger an inch. But just an inch.

"There is no Night Court in Erilea, you are in Terrasen."

His heart beat faster in fear, he was no longer in Prythian, that was obvious. Looking around him he wasn't in the mountains of Illyria but in a forest of pine and snow. Did this have something to do with the rift in the sky? Was it a portal? Was he now in a different realm?

"I don't know who you are, Nyx, son of Feyre Cursebreaker, but I can try to help you." She spoke softly.

"Who are you?"

"Nehemia, Nehemia Galathynius Ashryver Whitethorn."

Nehemia. A name as enchanting as its owner.