Chapter 32

The dark hero was spotted swinging through the concrete jungle of New York, the dark hero felt glad to be back on the grind again after what happened with Ghost Rider. He was still plagued by memories of the past and kept seeing ghosts but for now he was undisturbed, he was used to the torture for centuries.

He had not gone back to the Compound after how he reacted with Clint and Wanda, he got a few text messages from Cilnt but Wanda left an endless list of missed calls and voicemails. There were a few messages from the other members too, mostly from Nat.

He fired another strand of chains before swooping himself into the air and making a flip through the air, he shot a horizontal line and swung over traffic. He got a few waves and salutes from people and he responded in kind.

Then he when fired another chain, nothing happened. He got shocked by the revelation and tried again but nothing happened, he yelped in surprise when he felt himself falling. He hit the asphalt ground hard leaving cracks in it, he rolled down the road until a bus came to a screeching halt in front of him.

The hero grunted in pain from the pain and he was wondering why he felt that much pain when he fell, he had taken way worse hits than that. He slowly got to his feet and felt a throbbing pain in his leg and left ribcage.

"Hey, buddy! You alright?". Troy turned to see the bus driver staring at him from the side door.

"Yeah. I'm fine. Thanks". The dark hero replied before gripping his side.

There were murmurs as people watched the hero, he ignored them and fired a chain but nothing happened.

"What the hell?". He wondered out loud.

There were gasps of surprises from the crowd and the dark hero looked up and saw Ms Marvel coming to a slowly descend a few feet in front of him.

"Hey, you alright?". She asked.

"I don't know". He said as he looked around for any source of his problem.

"I just came back from Xandar and then I saw you faceplanting into the asphalt". She said floating a few inches of the ground in front of him,"That's never happened to you before. What happened?".

"I don't know". He said clearly confused.

Then he stared at the hero in front of him. Logan told him how Carol always found the Ms Marvel outfit revealing, yep that statement was correct. Her thighs, waist and rear were a good indication to that.

"Uh, Carol? I know this is gonna be embarrassing but.......uh can you give me a lift to Strange's place?". He asked rubbing the back of his head.

"Uh, sure". She smiled before floating closer to him.

He wrapped an arm around her shoulder and she quickly placed hers around his back.

"Grab on". She smirked before blasting off.

The people on the streets were left with some good decent pictures of both heroes.

...........................................

Two kids were playing basketball in the street, they kept tossing the ball between each other. They then felt a cool breeze, they looked up and saw Ms Marvel and Darkforce coming to a slow descend. Their mouths were gaped in shock when they saw the heroes touch down to the ground.

"That wasn't so bad". The dark hero said as he smoothed out his suit.

"Would you prefer it if I pulled more on the throttle next time?". She asked with a smile.

"Uh. I'm good".

Then they both looked up at the Sanctum Sanctorum.

"Woah!". One of the kids exclaimed.