Jimin's Accident (1/2) || 15

"-and will you get me a new nerf gun?"

"alright, but let me get there at least," jimin chuckles on the line, as he frees his phone from the stand and holds it in his hand instead, keeping it close to his ear while his eyes stare at the back of another car which is ahead of him, stuck in the traffic too.

the suns's almost down, which also means that it's time for people to get back home from work, creating this regular evening-buzz on the streets especially in the main city where most people had 9-to-5 jobs. street lights turn on eventually, glowing with a bunch of headlights of vehicles, all honking desperately to get away from the dread. even jimin felt more excited to go home these days, having his little baby waiting for him in his walker, cackling loudly and clapping his hands as soon as jimin would open the door and step inside. it was one of the purest forms of love jimin had ever seen in his life.

his wife would welcome him with a warm hug and kiss lingering sweet on his lips, and during these seconds, the six-months-old jiwon would babble out for jimin to notice him too and carry him. then sometimes a little more surprise awaited him as he would make his way inside, briefly letting haewon know how his day was, until aera would jump on him for a hug, eager to show something related to her school, or just wanting to meet him because she was missing him.

that is a lot of love;

just a few days back aera had stayed over for the weekend when jungkook was overseas for work. and aera sworn to him that it was the best time of her life— getting tasty food all the time, a company of a girl, which she rarely ever got, and of course the little baby, jiwon. jimin loved seeing them happy, his wife, his son, his sister and brother. for him it felt like he had gotten everything a man could be blessed with- supportive siblings, a lovely wife, a cute little son, a company under him flourishing to the top, and understanding friends— in short, jimin's is a well settled life anyone could dream of.

the smile on his face sparkles through the sincerity in his eyes, a little damp with the weight of time, but still beautiful as the sky too, illuminates him with it's glorious evening lights. then a sweet voice fills in his ears again, pulling him out of his train of thoughts, "oppa are you listening or not?" the pout on his sister's lips is evident in the tone of her voice, not yet whining to him completely.

"i am," he hums, "we'll go to the mall tomorrow, then you can get whatever you want. is that okay?"

"that's super okay!" aera chirps, "y'know koo just straight up said no. he's been a little grumpy these days. i think there's something wrong with him,"

"he's just a little stressed, sweetheart. nothing's wrong with him," jimin says, his lips parting in a smile of relief as the car before him starts moving and traffic gradually washes away into speed.

"hm, right... he doesn't even have time to eat sometimes,"

"you didn't tell him skipping meals is not okay?"

"i did! he doesn't listen,"

"oh, so i guess we need to have some serious talking hm?" jimin pretends to huff, making aera laugh as she hums in response, and jimin just knows that she's nodding at the phone, making him chuckle. he crosses the main square, listening to aera ranting about her new math teacher now, who apparantly hates her already and keeps trying to give her extra homework, then even made her sit away from her friends. jimin sighs at that, having a feeling that it's not the teacher's fault but probably his little sister's, who knows how to act innocent after disturbing the whole class with her mischievous approaches and talkative nature.

moreover, it won't surprise jimin a bit if this math teacher is crying to him on phone, complaining about how his sister doesn't let him teach and keeps talking in class. but one thing he had seen the teachers agreeing with too, was that no matter how much of a playful student aera was in their class, her one smile could melt them and save her from long detentions. her grades were never bad, so that was a plus point too.