Charlie saw me hug Imogen

Charlie's POV:

It was the week running up to the Prom and there were only two days left and I was so excited about going with Nick, things have been great between us since I asked him to be my boyfriend. Our parents were really excepting and supportive when we told them that we were in a relationship, right now I was out shopping for my Prom suit and my mum had insisted on coming with me I'd tried on six so far and none of them felt like the right one and then my mum found a Dark Blue three piece suit with a floral design, I took it and tried it on and I absolutely loved it and what's more I knew Nick would love me in it. 

After changing back into my normal clothes my mum took the suit and went to pay for it as I came out of the changing room I saw Nick looking at the suits as-well, I walked over and said 'Hi'. Nick turned around and said 'Hi. Did you find a suit for the Prom' I smiled and said 'I did indeed, I think you'll like it' Nick kissed me on the lips and then said 'I can't wait to see you in it, I bet you'll look so sexy' I blushed and said 'Well thank you. And I'm sure whatever you find you will look very handsome in'. 

(The day of the Prom)

The day of the prom had finally arrived and I was so excited to spend it with Nick, I woke up bright and early and made my way downstairs to have some breakfast my mum placed a small glass of Orange Juice down on the table and said 'Good morning sweetheart, your up early are you feeling nervous about today'. I shrugged my shoulders and said 'Maybe a little but I think that's normal' after I'd had my breakfast I went back upstairs and got dressed before heading into town to get my hair trimmed before tonight, seeing as it was a nice day I walked through the park. 

As I got to the duck pond I saw Nick sat on a bench with Nellie I was about to walk over and surprise him when I saw Imogen walk over to him and hug him and what shocked me more was that Nick hugged her back, I felt tears in my eyes as I turned on my heels and ran straight home once I got home I ran up to my room and laid on my bed with my duvet over my head. 

I woke up when I heard my phone ping I picked it up off my desk and saw I had a message from Nick saying 

Nick <3 I'm so excited for tonight, I cannot wait to see you. What time shall I pick you up? xx

I quickly responded by saying 

'I'm not going Nick I really wish you'd just been honest with me about how you felt :(

Nick <3 Charlie I don't know what your talking about, I love you? 

'I saw you hugging Imogen in the park, why say your going to the prom with me if you love her'

Nick <3 Charlie I don't love her, please let me explain' 

'Just leave me alone Nick. I'm not going tonight so you can take Imogen'

Nick's POV:

I shoved my phone into my pocket and ran out of the house and down the street to Charlie's house I knocked on the front door a few times and when that didn't work I rang the doorbell a couple of times and tried shouting Charlie's name at the same time, but nothing worked I walked back home and went upstairs to my room curling up on my bed staring at the picture of me and Charlie on our beach date. My eyes looked at the clock I should be getting ready for the Prom but there was no point in going without Charlie, I looked up as I heard a knock on my bedroom door my mum stuck her head round and said 'Everything okay my darling, shouldn't you be getting ready we've got to pick Charlie up at 6:30'. 

I moved my laptop off my lap and picked up the picture of me and Charlie before saying 'Mum I'm not going' my mum stepped into the room and said 'Not going why what's happened my darling', I cleared my throat and said 'You know Imogen well her dog died a couple of days ago and I offered to meet up with her and show her Nellie. I met her in the park today and she hugged me so I hugged her back just to comfort her, and Charlie saw me hug her now he won't talk to me and I don't know what to do mum'. 

My mum pulled me into a hug and said 'Nick you and Charlie have been boyfriends for nearly a full month now, don't you think you at least owe it to him and yourself to look a little bit deeper and tell him what you've just told me' I walked over to my wardrobe and pulled out my suit my mum smiled and left the room whilst I got dressed. Once I was dressed I sorted my hair out and put on my smart shoes before grabbing my Corsage that Charlie had given me and putting it on my right wrist, I walked downstairs my mum was stood in the hallway and when she saw me she smiled and said 'Oh Nick you look very smart'. 

Charlie's POV:

I was sat in my room listening to Adele my mum popped her head round the door and said 'We're off out now Charlie, are you sure you don't want to come' I shook my head and said 'No thanks mum, I think I'm just going to have a quiet night in'. About 3 minutes had passed since my mum, Dad and Tori had gone out when I heard a noise outside my bedroom window I didn't think much of it so I just ignored it, but then my phone rang I looked at it and saw that it was Nick I accepted the call and said 

'What do you want Nick' 

Nick <3 'Please Charlie I just wanted to talk to you and explain something'

'Fine whereabouts are you'

Nick <3 'Look out of your bedroom window my prince' 

I walked over to my bedroom window and opened it and sure enough there was my handsome Knight Nick wearing his Prom suit, I ran downstairs and out into the back garden where I hugged Nick. We sat on my garden swing and Nick took my right hand and said 'Charlie I wanted to tell you the real reason why I hugged Imogen, it wasn't because I loved her. It was because her dog had died and she was just upset, I love you and only you. Your my soulmate and I would very much still like to go to the Prom with you tonight'. 

I pulled Nick towards me and kissed him passionately on the lips before saying 'I would love to go to the Prom with you tonight, just let me go and get changed'.  I ran back into the house and upstairs to my room I pulled my suit out of my wardrobe and quickly got dressed, I grabbed my smart shoes from under my bed and slipped them on as I left my room I checked my appearance in the mirror and adjusted my tie slightly. Before I left the house I left a note for my parents incase they wondered where I was, as I walked back out into the garden Nick looked at me and said 'Omg Charlie you look incredible', I smiled and said 'You look amazing as-well'. 

As Nick's mum drove us to the Prom Nick handed me a rectangular box with blue and yellow ribbon tied round it he smiled and said 'It's just a little something for you to wear tonight, I um hope you like it', I pulled the ribbon loose and took the lid off the box and inside was a Corsage band with blue and yellow flowers round it. I smiled and said 'Nick it's gorgeous I love it' I leaned in and kissed Nick passionately on the lips we got lost in the moment almost forgetting we were in the car with his mum, until she cleared her throat and said 'Boys we're here'.