Ch. VII

(Y/n) and Dororo groaned in disgust at the smell all around them. They had made it to some place where everything stinks. They've been walking for hours and the smell was still strong.

"It's stinks!" Dororo said holding his nose

"Like rotten eggs" (Y/n) followed, also holding her nose

Dororo looked at Hyakkimaru, who didn't look bothered, "doesn't it bother you? Can you even smell?"

"Of course not, Dororo" (Y/n) said with her nose still plugged, "we haven't found his sense of smell yet...lucky bastard" she muttered the last part

Dororo groaned, "Jeez, it's always me or one-san doing the talking" he said, "You can talk now, can't you? You said one-san's name the other day too, so we know you can" he said and run up in front of the two, making them stop, "Okay, let's practice talking. Come on, say something to me"

When Hyakkimaru didn't say anything, (Y/n) sighed. "Don't force him Dororo" she said, "maybe my name was just a onetime thing"

"What? Don't baby him now, one-san" Dororo said

"I'm not babying him; he does need to start talking but he just needs a bit more time, that's all"

"You're totally babying him, don't deny it!"

"What?" (Y/n) looked at Hyakkimaru when he tapped her shoulder and pointed to the other side on the canyon. There they saw a woman wearing all white, being carried by men. "A Bridal Parade" (Y/n) awed

"Yeah but" Dororo noticed the grim looks on all their faces, "something doesn't seem right"

Next to Dororo, they hear rocks falling and they saw a boy sliding down the side wearing a wolf skin and caring a bow and arrow. He landed in front of them and aims his arrow upwards. It did cross the canyon, but if he was aiming for the parade, he missed by a long shot. The boy growled and moved to get a better angle when Dororo jumped in front of him.

"Hey, stop that!" He yelled out

"Outta my way!" the boy growled

"No, I won't let you shoot arrows at a happy bride" Dororo said, "What is wrong with you?"

The boy then laughed out loud and scowled at him, "Happy bride? Yeah right! Nee-chan is being sent off to marry a monster!"

"To marry a monster?" (Y/n) asked as she looked back at the sad looking bride across from them

"So, I gotta stop 'em" the boy was about to step around Dororo, but he only spread his arms out, stopping him again, "Beat it! Or I'll shoot you too!" he growled

Dororo only smiled, "Calm your horses. Tell me more about it. We know a thing or two about beating monsters" he said earning a shocked look from the wolf boy.

(Y/n) came up next to Dororo "What my little brother is saying is: we've been traveling for a while now and we have seen some pretty bizarre stuff" she explained, placing a hand on Dororo's shoulder, "our friend is very good at killing monsters, so we could probably help with your situation"

The wolf boy looked at the man behind them, then back at the girl, who gave him such a kind smile that he almost blushed from it. He took a small moment to think about it then nodded, "follow me" he said

The wolf boy then led them to a cliff that overlooked a small town with a literal black cloud over it. "There it is" he said

"a cloud right over the village. That's the monster?" Dororo asked, pointing out the large black cloud floating above the village

"That's right" the boy confirmed, "Nee-chan told me, people call it Nokosaregumo. From way back in time, it's appeared now and then to eat people up. One time, the villagers offered a bride to keep it from eating the others. Then it left without killing any more. Ever since, they've offered a bride every time it comes. If they don't offer one, it'll get mad and eat up the whole village"