Ch. VIII

(Y/n) chuckled as she saw Hyakkimaru hunched over a bush of flowers. Again. Ever since they left the sticky place a couple days ago, he had been sniffing things all over the place. He sniffed the grass when they took a break, the flowers all around, fruits, even the fish they caught to eat.

"I'm gonna assume you like this sense?" She said as Hyakkimaru sniffed another flower.

"Don't you get bored? You've been sniffing stuff all day?" dororo

"Aww leave him alone, it's kind of cute" (y/n) smiled. She suddenly felt hands on her cheeks and Hyakkimaru suddenly pulled her close to him and sniffed her head. (Y/n)'s eyes widened as a blush crept up her face.

Dororo laughed at her, until he did the same thing to him. Hyakkimaru took a couple of sniffs before Dororo pushed him away. "Cut it out!" He yelled, stumbling back a bit and landing on his knees.

"Dororo? Are you okay?"(y/n) asked walking over to him

"I feel bit dizzy..." he replied and tried to get back up. But as soon as he was on his feet he fell on his face.

"Dororo!" Hyakkimaru turned to look at the boy, only to see his figure laying on the floor with (y/n)'s next to him. Hearing her voice filled with worry, Hyakkimaru walked over, picked up Dororo, put him over his shoulder and continued walking. "W-wait, Hyakkimaru!" (Y/n) called after him.

A few moments later, a man was about to walk past them when Hyakkimaru stepped in front of him.

"What do you want?" The stranger asked

"Do..ro..ro.."

But the man only back up and walked past him. (Y/n)'s eyes widened at the attempt to ask for help. As the man left, Hyakkimaru simply continued walking, until he saw another man sitting underneath a tree. When he was closer, the man looks up at them and Hyakkimaru moved Dororo to his arms. "Dororo. Body. Warm" he struggled a bit

"A fever, huh. Sorry, I'm just a farmer. I can't help you" the man said as he got up and left.

Hyakkimaru sighed and then he felt a hand on his shoulder.

"That's a good first try at a sentence, Hyakkimaru" (y/n) said, "you and Dororo stay here, I'll go find somewhere or someone to help" she said as she ran up ahead. Hyakkimaru watched her figure run off, almost wanting to follow her. But she had said to stay.

After a couple minutes, (y/n) had found a shrine not too far from where she left the two boys. Luckily, there was priestess sweeping at the entrance. "Excuse me!" (Y/n) called out, gaining their attention, "please, I need help. My companions, one of them is sick and we need medicine and perhaps a place to rest"

The priestess looked at her for a second and then smiled. "Of course, where are your friends?"

"They're waiting for me not too far from here" (y/n) explained as she started walking back the way she came, with the priestess right behind her.

"There they are" (y/n) said as they saw the two by the tree, "Hyakkimaru!" The man turned around when he heard his friend and noticed another figure with her. "She's here to help" she explained, "she said she can help Dororo"
Hyakkimaru nodded and picked up Dororo and started walking after the two females.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hyakkimaru poked (y/n)'s cheek when she hadn't said anything for past couple minutes. The girl blinked and look up at him "Sorry, I'm just worried about he-him" she sighed. She and Hyakkimaru had gone to get water for Dororo while the priestess stayed with him.

"No! They'll leave without me again!"

They both heard Dororo and jogged up to the shrine. They saw the priestess hold back Dororo and lay him back down.