~♡~Merit Two: Ghost Bride-Groom Arc~♡~

A former superior master was reduced to a laughingstock of three realms; Someone who didn't have incense offerings, temples, or believers. The two retainers who had once sat underneath him both passed Heaven's tribulations, ascending and becoming strong martial gods who each oversaw a whole region. With circumstances like this, it was impossible for people to not winder more. If you were to ask Xie Lian to choose whether Feng Xin or Mu Qing made him feel more awkward, he would say, "They're all okay ah!"

However, if you asked bystanders whether they wanted to see Xie Lian fight Feng Xin or if they wanted to see Xie Lian fight Mu Qing, then everyone would make different choices according to their taste, unless you were like Run Ming and didn't want to see anyone fight. After all, there was abundant reasons for either pair to fight, so it was hard to pick which was the more interesting option.

Therefore, when there was no response from Feng Xin's side for a long time because he had unexpectedly stopped talking and instead immediately hid, everyone felt utterly disappointed, though Run Ming felt a bit glad, Feng Xin was another intimidating official to him.

Meanwhile, Xie Lian collected his tail and beat himself down a bit as he said, "I also didn't anticipate making a commotion like this. It wasn't deliberate, I've inconvenienced everyone."

Mu Qing responded in a cool manner, "Oh, then that was indeed quite coincidental."

Coincidental? Xie Lian and Run Ming also thought it was really too coincidental. How could the clock fall right onto Mu Qing, while his ascension also happened to destroy Feng Xin's palace? For bystanders, it was as if he was deliberately taking revenge. However, XIe Lian was the type of person that, should there be a thousand cups of wine with only one poisoned, Xie Lian would always manage to pick the poisoned one. But there was no way to control what other people believed, so Xie Lian could only say, "I will try my best to compensate for everyone's golden palaces and other losses. I also hope you may give me some time."

One didn't need a brain to understand that Mu Qing definitely wanted to continue his sarcastic remarks. However, since Mu Qing's golden palace didn't suffer any losses and even the clock that fell onto him was sliced into two halves, continuing to be overbearing would appear unsightly and something beneath his identity. Therefore, Mu Qing concealed himself before falling silent. When Xie Lian saw that the terrible had left by themselves, He turned to quickly leave until he heard one of the slightly less famous Officials mutter something under their breath.

"Huh, It's kinda like when Shao Run Ming ascended."

Ling Wen and the other Officials who were going to leave all halted, a very awkward and heavy silence was casted upon the communication array. Xie Lian tilted his head to the side, wondering what the Official meant. He turned to the left slightly and caught sight of Run Ming hanging his head in silence, and embarrassment.

"Lord Guan Fang, I believe that that topic is something we have all agreed on not talking about." Ling Wen's face morphed from blank to slightly upset, her brow was furrowed and her hands were clenched tightly by her side.

The one who spoke, Guan Fang(1), just realized that everybody heard him and scratched his head in awkwardness, "I apologize, Ling Wen ZhenJun. It's just the incident that happened 800 or so years ago is very similar to The crown princes situation right now."

Xie Lian stepped closer to Ling Wen, just in case he needed to hold her back or calm her down. He looked behind her and saw Run Ming nervously chuckling as he rubbed the back of his head.

"Lord Guan Fang, Even if their ascensions were similar, The Heavenly Emperor himself has forbidden anyone from speaking of such things in Heaven."

Guan Fang flinched from the venom present in her voice. He swallowed thickly, gathering his bravery, and possibly life, before saying, "But Ling Wen ZhenJun, He still owes Xuan Zhen ZhenJun and Nan Yang ZhenJun around two million, eight hundred and two thousand merits for destroying their things, and possibly injuring them."