𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

earlier that day

it had been a normal day at the bighit building in souel. the schedule was packed for the group of seven young idols. in the morning they had a meeting with the production team, then a dance practice right after with their choreographers. at 2pm, they were to board a flight to las vegas for their first live permission to dance concert.

with their luggage taken after, the men divided into 3 black suv's. jungkook, hoseok and taehyung sat in one. in another was jin and jimin and in the third sat yoongi and namjoon. they waited patiently in the backseats for the drivers to load up the trunks. the seven passed the time by scrolling on their phones.

the drive to the airport was a short one, the drive couldn't have been more than 8 minutes. when they arrived at the airport, it was busy as always. security loaded out of the cars, opening the doors for the international idols.

when the boys were revealed, screams echoed around the airport. at first, it was the normal screams they were always greeted with upon being in the same premises of fans. slowly, but surely, the screams of admiration turned to screams of horror, screams of pain.

the men who had been walking at a fast pace, to avoid the predetermined attacks of fans, halted in their spots. they looked around, scanning the area. in what once was a packed airport soon became abandoned. a part of them were thankful for the space, but that thankfulness was replaced quickly by a bone-chilling feeling. some of the fans that had greeted their arrival had chunks of skin ripped from them. their iris' had turned a pale blue-white, the pupil non-existent. they should have been dead but instead they ran towards the members, only to be stopped by security. the details yelled for the girls to back off, to stay away from their bias'.

the seven men watched in horror as the girls ignored their security, instead biting into their skin, eating them alive.

"un-yeong!" a guard managed to gurgle out, choking on the blood spraying from his jugular. not thinking twice, the boys who had been together, grasped their partners hands, running off into the airport. they were greeted with an empty building.

it was deadly quite. the members grouped together.

"what the hell was that!" jin's voice screeched, his finger pointing in the general direction of the entrance.

"oh yeah, we know exactly what's going on, we just thought to keep it to ourselves!" suga scoffs, glaring at the eldest. jin returns his glare, his eyes squinting at the savage member.

"stop it, you two are supposed to be the mature ones." namjoon steps between the stare down. "i think its fair to say none of us know what's going on."

"i'm scared." jungkook mumbled, hugging himself as his body trembled. jimin sighs, his cold eyes softening on the youngest member. he steps closer to the younger, embracing him.

"we all are kook." jimin whispers into the mans chestnut coloured hair. silence takes over the group, their eyes frantically glancing around their surroundings. taehyung sighed, taking out his phone.

hoseok is the first to speak. "so what are we going to do?"

"wait for help, for authorities." namjoon pitches in. he was trying his best to remain calm. he was the leader and had to stay strong for the other men.

"the authorities aren't coming." taehyung speaks, his voice deeper than normal. he turns his phone around for the others to see. "the entire world is under attack. there's a new variant of covid-19. people have deemed the infected, zombies." the men take it in, eyes scanning over the article on taehyung's phone.

"fuck." yoongi says, his face remaining blank. "were utterly fucked."

"and to think covid couldnt get any worse." jin laughs, the sound lacking any joy or humour.

"shhh." namjoon hushes, holding up a finger.

"dont you shush me-" namjoon glares at the eldest until he stops talking. the boys all tune into their hearing, only to hear two feminine voices.

"what are they saying?" j-hope asks, noticing they are speaking english.

"they're fighting."

"no, really?" suga once again scoffs.

"one wants to run and the other wants to... help?"

"the infected?" jungkook eyes widen, "we have to help them!"

"yoongi and i will help them. they rest of you need to find a vehicle and drive back to bighit. hopefully nim-hyung will be able to help us then. we'll meet you there." before anyone could argue, namjoon glares at them all. shivers are sent down all six of their spines as they are reminded their leader is not one to be messed with.