28

Vic

I sit there crying for a few minutes. I must look like a fool. The server comes back to us with some plates. And they have food piled on top. I look at it. And i cant.
I just cant. My head starts throbbing. I stand up "Im going to the bathroom. Ill be back." Hake nods and starts eating.

I start making my way there. My vision becoming blurred my headache becoming worse. Thats when i hear her. Persephone. Named after the goddess of the underworld.

My punishment. For not giving in and defying the natural order. Being stuck with her for the rest of eternity. Or until i give up.

'You think he likes you?'

"Shut up!!" I yell at myself. "Shut up shut up shut up!!" My voice getting quieter.

'You think he can love you? A monster defying everything. Wait u till he finds out what you're capable of.'

My headache becomes worse the more i try to shut her out. She keep pushing her way in.

'You should be dead. You're dangerous. You will be the death of him!!!'

Her voice gets louder. I can feel my temper rising. Heat pulsing through my veins. I cant help it. A spark. No two. I try. I do. I try to keep it under control. I try to keep her locked up. But its like she has a key. I am her. She is me.

She is what i try to hide, my power, my anger, my pain, my dark side.
The one everyone is scared of. The one my father abandoned me for. The reason I'm alive. The reason Jakes ancestor created the school. To utilise kids like me. But there aren't any.

Immortality is a sin. Vampires die eventually. I cant. Unless i kill myself. Unless i give in. Let her take over, go to hell. Even then. Im not dead. Im a lost cause.

'You're worthless. You're powerless without me. Why don't you let me in. We can help people. People like us. And get revenge on the Campbells. For what they did'

"Shut up!!!" I yell. My vision almost blacking out. Anger filling me like a ship sinking and water flooding in. I cant do this anymore. But i cant give up. Im missing the last piece of the puzzle. And thats where he comes in.

But my pain and anger wont go away the voice quietens and i can hear the light.

His voice showing me the way. And that godawful accent. "Its ok. Its gonna be ok."

I open my eyes not realising they closed. I try to sit up and he catches me.

"Hey hey hey. Its ok. Im here."

"Jake?" I say catching my breath. "Is that you?"

"Yeah. Its me. Do you remember what happened."

'Lie'

"Yeah. I was washing my hands and fell." Some water starts dripping down the tap. I have to make it minimum so he doesn't notice my eyes. "Im ok."

"God. You scared me. But you were shouting, shut up?"

"Probably someone outside. Anyway." I start getting up "we should eat and then go do 'datey' crap"

He agrees before helping me to the door like I'm five "Yeah ok."

"