o. twist of fate

twist of fate.
INTRODUCTION

it's gotta be a strange twist of fate

it's gotta be a
strange twist of fate

˖⋆࿐

               CINDY NEWBY was a good kid. A great kid, in fact and an absolute credit to her father. She maintained perfect grades throughout the school year and never got into trouble. Cindy wasn't the most popular girl at school and that didn't bother her in the slightest. She had two amazing friends who she knew she could always rely on and that's all she needed. Her life was practically perfect, but still there was something missing. There was an emptiness that she could never fill no matter what she did and it infuriated her.

     Cindy was growing tired of being the perfect girl all of the time. Everyone around her had high expectations of her and Cindy was constantly in fear that she'd never reach them. All she ever wanted to do was make her father proud, and he was, but Cindy didn't realise it. Bob Newby wasn't known as Bob the Brain in high school for nothing. He was the smartest kid in his class and it seemed Cindy was following in his footsteps. But the pressure of living in his shadow was starting to consume her. The only person who noticed this was Steve Harrington, the last person Cindy ever expected to understand how she was feeling.

It was an unlikely pairing, Cindy and Steve. The two teens were on completely different ends of the social spectrum and their paths would rarely ever cross. That was until the principal of Hawkins high school asked for volunteers to help tutor some students and Cindy offered to help. The last person she expected to see walk into the library was Steve Harrington, yet there he was just as dreamy as ever.

Both of Cindy's closest friends knew that she had always had a bit of a crush on Steve and she couldn't deny it. But Cindy knew it would never amount to anything. He was the popular boy, dating the popular girl and Cindy was just, Cindy. She could never be good enough for someone like him, no matter how hard she tried and that was just life. Just plain, boring life in Hawkins, Indiana. However, that would soon change and not exactly for the better.

Cindy never expected for her life to completely flip upside down when her father began dating Joyce Byers. She was happy that her father had found someone new, but trying to merge with the tight knit Byers family was a lot harder than expected. Especially since there was a boat load of dark secrets being kept from the Newbys, secrets that would find Cindy running from faceless monsters and straight into the arms of Steve Harrington.

dedications.
wolfiesangel cornliastreet plutonruins
austrxIians millstastic
vanessasmorgan S4PNAP

disclaimer
i don't own STRANGER THINGS
or any of the characters associated with it,
however i do own my characters
and their storylines.

this book will contain many themes
that some people may find upsetting.
if you have seen the show
you will already know this,
so read at your own risk.

i don't know how frequent
updates will be, but i will try to update
as much as i possibly can.

started: 10/05/2020
published: 27/05/2022
finished: —