10.

Naomi Montana.

After floral design, lunch was always a good time to cool down from how angry Vinnie made me, especially today. But I didn't want to think about him during my break from school, this was one of the few times during the school day that I actually had to myself.

I took my usual seat next to Colton at the lunch table, mumbling a "Hi, babe." along with the routine kiss on the cheek. From the way his deameanor changed when I arrived, I could tell he was not happy with me, and I had a feeling I already knew why. His body stiffened next to me, his arms were crossed along his chest but they still rested on the table top. His jaw flexed every couple of moments from the gum that he was chewing on. And when he turned his head to face me, he wore his signature cocky look that he always did when he was angry at me and we happened to be around his friends.

I knew I wouldn't be fighting a fair fight with this non-chalant attitude he wore around his friends, so I uttered out a, "Can we talk please?" before shifting my gaze to his friends who had silently glanced at us for a couple of seconds. "Privately?"

"I guess." He shrugged, placing his large hands onto the table and pushing himself off of it. I grabbed his arm and led him outside the cafeteria where I knew no one would really be since they were all piled into the lunchroom.

"You wanna tell me why the hell people are telling me that that new guy was carrying you up the stairs on Friday?" He asked, his voice carrying the same angry yet serious tone that Vinnie's did, however Colton's was not as frightening.

"It's definitely not as bad as it sounds, Colton. He-" I said, trying to reason with him but being cut off almost immediately.

"Not as bad as it sounds? You're my girl, do you know how embarassing that is, that another guy was carrying you upstairs? And then you were drinking? You never drink."

This conversation was beginning to make me mad.

Instead of being thankful I was taken to safety, and not kidnapped or worse, he was worried about me making him look bad?

"I don't know why you're making it seem like if I did anything with him. All he did was do me a favor, his brother was helping me sober up too. You know I would never-"

This boy just couldn't seem to let me finish.

"Just because you wouldn't doesn't mean he wouldn't." The words were muttered out of his mouth and directed at me yet his eyes refused to meet mine when he said them.

"What is that supposed to mean?" I question, a small tinge of annoyance mixed into my voice.

"That he wants to fuck you."

His words made me almost choke on my own spit.

"You've got this all wrong, Colton. Him and Harry were just helping me because I was drunk and asleep on the couch, that's all." I explained, in all honesty, I hated when Colton acted so jealous like this. It felt like he was threatened by any remotely attractive guy who even breathed the same air as me. He was so territorial over me and it was beginning to make me feel like I was just some object to him rather than an actual person.

"I could've helped you, you know-" He began to stammer, and deep down I think he knew that he was in the wrong.

"Yeah, you could've. Where were you? I couldn't find you all night." I sighed, uncrossing my arms.  If he had stayed by my side all night, we wouldn't have even been having this conversation. All of this could have been avoided then and there.

"I wasn't cheating on you if that's what you're trying to say." He said, his eyebrows were pulled together creating two small lines in between them.

"I mean you basically just accused me of that, so why should it be different for you?" I scoffed, he was being so unfair. I won't lie, I was a little bit bothered by the fact that everyone thought Vinnie and I had something going on, especially when they knew I was in a comitted relationship. I was definitely not the cheating type and it hurt my feelings that any one would believe that I was.