Chapter XIX

At our front porch, there was a huge freakin' basket of bright-vibrant purple and white cattleya flowers.

Aubrey picked up the tiny slip of card hanging from the basket. On the front in beautiful calligraphy spelled "Aubrey," and she flipped to the back. It read:

"I may not gain your trust back as much as I should, but I gotta start somewhere."

-Dalton

Awwwww, he's tryna get his swag back with my sista.

And it ain't working.

Next thing you know, Aubrey picks up the basket and throws them as far as she could with all her strength. Petals crash and bend, the clear glass vase was now shattered to pieces. I ran to go pick'em up.

"What's wrong with you Aubrey?!" I yelled.

"There just flowers Sheilah, it ain't a lottery ticket." She says negligently.

Has she been snorting coke? She was all sad and whiny yesterday, now she's toughened up and pissed as ever.

"But Aubrey, these flowers are from South America! The islands!"

She rolled her eyes. "If you want them that badly, then keep them." And she went inside.

Dammmmnnnn, she's serious. 

I quickly gathered up the almost-dead flowers and something caught my eye. It was a person with black hair. At first, I thought it was Wesley till I squinted my eyes and saw Dalton. Well, I think it was Dalton because he usually has blondish hair.

"DALTON? IS THAT YOU!?" I shout probably waking up the neighborhood.

He randomly ducked abashed, then stood up scratching the back of his head like what Wesley does.

Such a family habit.

He shyly waved his hand and jogged over. "Hey," he replied outta breath.

"Why did you dye your hair? I couldn't even recognize you at first."

"Ummm Sheilah, this is my real hair."

My eyes widened, "WHAT?! Your not a blondie? You tryna dye your hair like them plastic barbies nowadays?"

"Nooo, it's.... nevermind."

"Okay then. Did you see that whole scene?" I pointed to the house behind me.

"When Aubrey threw the flowers? Yeah." he winced.

"Sorry, you had to see that."

Dalton shrugged his shoulders, "I don't think she likes me anymore anyways."

Is he joking? He needs to hang out at my house!

"Nope,bshe surely does. She's just really pissed right now."

He sat down on our brown-weeded grass next to me.

"I really do like her. But I'm afraid she'll punch me in the face if I talk to her."

"She won't... yeaahhh, she'll punch you in the face."

He cringed.

Aww he's so.... in "love." I guess that's the word for it. He stood up and helped me up too.

"Soooo, how do I get her to like me again?"

I laughed. He looked at me with confusion.

"I'm sorry," I say between breaths, "Aubrey is just..... Aubrey. There's no way of predicting how she'll feel the next day. I just witnessed it."