*The B.H.I: Chapter 2*

Chapter 2
The encounter

    "What?" I say as I relax my tensed muscles and a knot grows in my stomach. "I said you failed, Evelyn." My boss says signaling the blonde girl to take off her wig, showing it was just another one of my co-workers. "But I-" my boss cuts me off before I can make any excuses, "You were too careless. You talked to yourself in front of everyone, you could've had your cover blown and have been actually killed," I stare as water fills my eyes. "This wasn't the real culprit that our whole company wants to capture for her high bounty. Although, I think a real bounty hunter would've figured that out by now. Since you seem to be too reckless I am suspending you from B.H.I. Please pack and go. I will contact you when you can come back. Practice, Evelyn. Or else next time it won't just be a suspension." I walk out of the room with my head aching and the urge to stand up for myself. I don't. Once I leave the room I sprint out of the building. Tears flood my eyes and I can't hold it in anymore. They fling off my eyes as I run to my car. I reach into my soft, cloth jacket getting my keys. They jingle with my sorrow. I press the unlock button and as the sound of the car unlocking I hear a cry for help. "Help, Help!!" Someone in the parking lot says. “Shut up you little brat." Someone with a deep voice says. "Just tape her mouth shut...Better yet, staple it." Another person says. I'm not at work...I can go help… I think. You can't help anyways. You failed, failed. I also think. My thoughts play angel and devil for a few minutes before I decide to pick angel. I leap into a sprint listening for voices. “Uhhh….Carl..?” A man says as I run faster in the direction of the voice. “What is it?” Another man says. ¨There is a woman...Running through the parking lot.¨ one of the men said. They spotted me. This is what they were talking about. I have to stay low. I thought as I ducked behind a SUV. “I don't see anything idiot.” one of the men said. I scout the area and find them. They are armed and holding a little girl. My eyes focus. I look closely at the mens features. Brown eyes, rugged cheekbones, brown-red hair. I examined it. Those are the trafficking twins! I thought. They are one of the highest duo criminals and their bounty is thousands of dollars. They are known for child trafficking. But what about Bounty Hunters Incorporated...I'm suspended. I shouldn't be toying with it. I thought. But that kid is in trouble. I also thought. I stopped myself from having a mind battle and I went with my gut. I ran....Away.