Comatose

Alpha Jordan's POV

I stand in the doorway of my beta's bedroom looking in at him and his mate, who is laying on the bed in the same position as always.

It's been two weeks since we brought her home and it's been that same amount of time that Renwick has sat in that leather recliner next to the bed just watching her. He refuses to get up, shower, eat or anything else until his mate wakes up.

I get it more than anyone else here because I was the same way for the six days that Ophelia was asleep when I first brought her home, but this is getting a little out of hand.

I shake my head, close the door and head to my meeting I have scheduled with my gamma, Reign. He's been filling in for Renwick the past two weeks.

I walk into my office and see my mate and Luna talking with Reign. I close the door and round my desk to take a seat in my leather office chair while they sit in the two chairs across from me.

"What's going on here? I thought I was only supposed to be meeting with Reign?"

"You are but I came looking for you and got to talking with Reign. We think you need to get Renwick back to work," my mate says.

"You know I don't mind filling in for Renwick, it really isn't an issue normally, but it's been so long that I've been neglecting my own duties to make sure his get done," Reign interjects before I can respond.

I nod my head at him and say, "Yes, I appreciate everything you've been doing. Is that the only issue? You need more help?"

My mate jumps in, angry. "No. He doesn't need any help. Renwick needs to realize it's time to come out of this. I understand how he is feeling. I think you and I understand him better than anyone else, but his mate is the one who is comatose, not him."

"I agree Sunshine. What do you need from me to make this happen because I agree? I mean I sat by you for six days but on the seventh, even I got up and started doing what needed to be done again."

"Well, we think you could try talking to him and if goddess forbids, that doesn't work, then you may have to go Alpha on him," my mate says sheepishly.
Reign nods his head in agreement and adds,

"Honestly, I agree. I don't mind helping but I can't do everything he does, keep up with the training, and protect our Luna all at the same time. Plus, him sitting in the same spot next to her can't be healthy for him. And you're the only one who can get him to snap out of it."

"Alright, I'll try talking to him first but if that doesn't work then I'll make him get up," I tell them and get up to exit my office. I give my mate a quick kiss and make my way to get my beta back.
...............................................

I'm leaning against the dresser directly across the room from the leather recliner Renwick is sitting in. He hasn't taken his eyes off his mate once since I stepped into his room. It really stinks in here, or maybe that's him. I'm not completely sure at this point.

I try the mind-link first. 'Renwick, buddy, I think it's time you got up and took a shower and start-' He cuts off the link before I even finish my sentence.

I'm really getting tired of his shit. "Renwick, it's been two weeks and you're still sitting in the same spot, hell you're still in the same clothes you brought her home in. You stink, this room stinks, and it's time for you to get up."

Nothing. He says nothing and doesn't move a muscle. Now I'm pissed and done with his childish behavior. I channel all of my alpha aura into my next words.

"I am your Alpha. You do not ignore me or cut off my mind-link."

He bares his neck to me in submission so at least I know he is listening and obeying me. I hate having to do this, but this is the only thing getting through to him.

"You will get up, take a shower, shave that scruff off your face, change clothes, eat something and then come to my office. This isn't a request. Everyone is tired of having to pick up your slack. You are my beta, not Reign and not anyone else, but YOU. You have responsibilities you can't just abandon. Now get up," I command.

Renwick places his head in his hands but doesn't say anything. I honestly thought he was going to challenge my command, but he gets up and goes to the bathroom.

I leave his room and head back to my office to prepare for this meeting. I should probably remove anything breakable before he gets there.