December 2024.

"Mr. and Mrs. Harrison. Good to see you again."
I give a genuine smile at her greeting this time. Olli does too and holds on to my hand in a comfortable grip.

"Thank you for seeing us again Julia."
She returns our smiles.

"I wanted us to start a bit differently this today. I would like for you each to tell me the exact moment you knew you had fallen for the other. The defining moment you realized the person sitting next to you is your soulmate."

I take a moment to really think about her request. It's hard to pinpoint a specific moment. I mean I've loved Olli pretty much since I met him but was that also the moment I fell IN LOVE with him? I suppose I could just talk about one of our happier times. Times that reminded me that Olli was in fact my soulmate. I've certainly had plenty of those. Though most of them were in the past.

I continue to let my mind run a marathon when,

"It was a cold winter's day. I remember this because of what she was wearing. *chuckles*. I mean, it was cold but not that cold you know? At least not for someone from the northern hemisphere. It was pretty evident she wasn't from around here.
She had about five different layers of clothing. She had on two scarves that sheltered her up to her nose, a beanie that almost covered the entirety of her face, and gloves that looked like they radiated heat inside.

The only skin you could see was just around her eyes. But still, she was the most beautiful thing I'd ever seen in my life.

She didn't know about me, not yet, but I knew quite a lot about her. I knew she didn't have friends in Trinity and it wasn't that hard to guess why. Trinity college was always known to house spoiled brats, kids with sticks so high up their asses they could barely walk.

I'd initially thought she was shy, I thought that was why she'd avoided everyone who dared approach her vicinity, but I was quick to realize she wasn't. She could've been popular if she wanted to, but she'd politely rejected their advances every time they would try to make friends with her. I'd then figured she never wanted to associate herself with people who regarded themselves like that.

That was what drew me to her. Who was this girl?

I knew she didn't like what she was studying simply by how she'd used to scrunch up her forehead every time she looked inside any of her gigantic books. She would close it not long after opening it in frustration. I'd used to chuckle at that.

She liked to wear this dark shade of purple that some could've mistaken for black. But it wasn't black. It was purple. It was her favorite color.

I didn't go to Trinity, but my girlfriend at the time did. I felt terrible that I'd always gone to Trinity to see her instead of my girlfriend, but I couldn't help myself. Every day that I would see her made me want to see her more.

There was something about her that piqued my interest, and it wasn't just because she looked so sad.

I could tell she had been through something tragic in her life. I wanted to comfort her, to tell her it was all going to be ok.

I'd gone to Trinity as much as I could to see her but on that cold winter's day, watching her barely able to walk in all the clothing she'd had on. That was the day.

I'd approached her.

I didn't know what I was going to say to her, I had a girlfriend for god's sake, what was wrong with me?