Ice and Tears equals Love

It was over the insurgents were put down. The flames of the fire bowls and torches still burned as they had since they were lit. The fire was the witness, the witness of their victory. The witness of the downfall of the rebels. His family was defeated and his love, his heart was his again. Satisfaction spread through him, but his cold expression of ruthlessness did not fade. His dark eyes ran over Caspian's body lying on the ground. He knew that his lover had overexerted himself. He had pushed himself too far, he knew how it would end. 

But by this denial, it had brought the sailor down. As he lay there now, in his hurt, he still looked so elegant and handsome, Caspian thought. He had to resist the urge to pick up his boyfriend and carry him straight to the castle. ,,Take him to his room," he ordered one of his commanders. All of this was silently observed by his siblings, with Eustace still unconscious. They all looked like they were slow to realize that they had really lost. Edmund whistled and his followers knew to retreat. They would be needed later, the corpses should not pollute his beautiful castle. After the various species and races had left, only the tormented siblings and their tormentor remained.

Edmund stopped a few steps in front of the kneelers and punished them with a deceptive look. ,,You have lost, you are pathetic" he told them, but he was not satisfied with the reaction. Instead of a fighting or biting comment from Peter or even Susan, there was nothing but a slight shake of the head. ,,What's wrong? Have you slept through the language or do you want to die already?" he asked them again and came a little closer. ,,Ed-Edmund...please stop it," Susan pleaded and looked up at Edmund powerlessly. Her hair was streaked with blood, dirt and sweat and she was bleeding from her shoulder. The arrow he had shot had struck her above the heart. He knew she would pull through, but only if she was treated properly. "Before that she will die of infection or blood poisoning" he thought and gave her a thoughtful look. ,,So you can talk after all. But still, I didn't hit you right," he muttered and his finger tapped the arrow. The arrow had broken off and only the tip and a piece of wood were still visible. 

Susan jerked back and whimpered it must hurt her like hell. ,,Still pretending you can do it," he muttered casually and removed his finger from the arrow. Peter seemed to be dying from his injury at any moment, Edmund thought. The wound on his belly had soaked all his clothes and armor red. ,,My brother the wretched" he laughed and kicked Peter in the side. The blond cried out and writhed in pain. While Susan begged him to stop and Lucy cried terribly. ,,You are nothing. We've never been siblings, not since everything fell apart in our first adventure. And you repressed it hoping it would leave you alone...you are all pathetic and worthless to me!" he hissed and with a final whistle the four defeated were brought down to his dungeon. Now he was alone and Edmund felt how tense he was. 

Sighing, he slumped his shoulders and looked over his inner yard. Everything was covered with corpses, blood, destroyed weapons and more corpses. Everything was tinted in a flickering beam of light. "Almost foreboding" he thought and his gaze slid to his hands. Since he had used his power, his hands were coated with a light frost.He didn't have to look at himself to know that he was pale or that there was a brief white flash in his eyes. ,, Come here, my companion!" he called and tightened his sword belt. His short sword was finally with him again. A nostalgic memory was painfully sweet, he thought.

The flapping of his black gryphon's wings above him let him know that he had come. ,,My High King, you have destroyed the last of the rebels," the beast said as Edmund climbed onto its back. ,,I know, but do you think they are really the last ones?" he asked, but he only got an uncertain look. ,,Forget what I said. Take me to her, I have something to do" he ordered softly, almost tiredly. The cold night air was fresh and made him sigh. With a light tug on the animal's feathers he signaled that he should stop. ,,What's wrong, my king, should I turn back?" he asked and stopped, flapping his wings in the air.