Far From Home

The very second you stepped into your reality, there were about two dozen rifles pointed at your face.

You can't even blame them, after all, this kind of security became necessary after your actions. All you did was raise your hands to head height, and face a disappointed Charles Xavier that was walking in your direction.

"Just when you're so close to reaching your freedom again, Miss L/N." He said while nodding for the guards to lower their weapons. You sighed.

"I can explain."

"And it better be a great justification, Y/N. The council is not at all happy about your absence." He retorts making you frown slightly.

"How long was I gone?"

"Long enough to end up in the cells you helped us develop."

"Damn it." You grumble annoyed. "It was only a few hours for me, and I swear it wasn't me who-"

Charles held up his hand to interrupt you, a small smile forming. "Save it for the council, child. Things have gotten weirder since you went AWOL. And that's not a good thing for you."

Great fucking timing.

Charles and the guards led the way to the base of the Illuminati - The organization responsible for managing Space-Time on your world, which emerged a few months after your universe mysteriously began to collapse (or not so much, because the instability was emerging from you, and your unrestrained rewriting of destinies to keep your dead wife and fake daughters by your side) and five years after emergence, is still functioning with a lot of work to do. - The walk was long and silent, Charles looked nervous and distant, he spoke no more than vague greetings, and you had the impression that he got inside your head a few times. You didn't even try to resist, figuring that if he saw the truth, it would be better for your judgment.

As you expected, the guards took you straight to one of the holding cells. Risk assessment, they called it. An iron collar to restrain your powers around your neck, an anklet to track your presence even in another universe, and handcuffs for precaution.

You rolled your eyes at the last one. They always double-checked when it came to you.

"Long time no see, Miss L/N." Shuri greeted as soon as she entered the room, eyes on the electronic tablet and not yourself.

"Did you miss me, doc?" You retorted with a certain irony, making her smile.

"Of course I did, you're always an entertainment." She retorted and you gave a short laugh, looking down at your own lap again. "Let's see, unauthorized interdimensional travel to the 616 universe..."

"Travel is a strong word. I was practically kidnapped." You informed and she hummed in understanding, not seeming to believe much. You sighed in frustration, realizing that you would have to save your story for the trial.

"Your magic exchange levels are sky-high, Miss L/N. What have you been doing over there?"

You frowned slightly. You didn't even use magic while you were there.

"I didn't do anything." You said seriously, but Shuri crossed her arms, an insistent look on her face. "I swear! I stayed in a hut, hiding. Just eating and..." Clearing your throat softly, you looked away. "I didn't use magic other than a concealment spell. Word of honor."

Shuri squinted her eyes at you, but sighed after a moment, turning her attention back to the computers that were analyzing you.

"Well, Miss L/N, something has stimulated your magic there. Look at this graph. Your cells are screaming, it's like fireworks. Maybe it is the portal you went through. Either way, it won't look good for your judgment. You're not allowed to use magic in case you forgot it."