A Shattered Home

Wanda should be asleep, but since what happened earlier, she has become even more worried.

Your magic had muffled Chthon's voices, but as she tried to fall asleep, the first thing she dreamed of was your death. So she woke up in a jump and did her best to leave the cube quietly.

You should see a doctor the next day, and depending on what was said about your condition, find a solution as soon as possible. Wanda saw your sleeping figure on the top bed and felt her chest tighten, imagining the feeling of losing you too.

She pushed those thoughts away, and left the room, finding a train station that, although less busy, seemed as awake as day.

A lady passed by with a candy cart and offered her some food, and after not being able to eat anything all day, she accepted some sweet cookies and made her way to one of the edges, from where she could watch the trains coming and going from the station below.

About fifteen minutes later, you came out of the cube wearing a jacket and approached her.

"Hey, sweetheart." You greeted her, and Wanda - who could feel your presence even when she was on another continent, snuggled closer to your body as soon as you stopped next to her - turned her head and smiled in greeting, before turning her attention back to the trains. "How are you feeling?"

Wanda raised an eyebrow at you with a certain irony.

"I should ask you that question." She retorts, slipping her arm around your waist, and causing you to laugh softly. But it takes a moment for you to respond, your giggle turning into a long sigh.

"I feel kind of queasy."

Wanda swallows dryly. "Do you want to go back to sleep?"

"Nah, I have a promise to keep." You retort without hesitation.

"Y/N, we don't have to..."

"I want to." You interrupt her, rubbing your nose against hers affectionately and making her smile. "I wanna be honest with you."

Wanda nods, hugging you for a moment before pulling away, tugging you by the hand toward the small terrace she saw earlier on the way to the Cube.

You both sit on the grass - everything was so clean and cared for in that world that it surprised you sometimes - and sigh softly at the same time.

"I think we're in for a long night, so what do you say we let our astral projections do the work, while we look up at this beautiful starry sky?" You suggest, intertwining one of Wanda's hands with yours in your lap. She smiles, reaching up to give you a kiss on the cheek before snuggling in closer.

"That's a great idea." She whispers, looking up at the same moment as you.

So far, Wanda had seen a few dozen memories of your childhood during the few days you were staying at Carol Danvers' inn.

She found that eventually, Agamotto grew into you and convinced you to turn your anger into willpower, or whatever lesson he tried to teach you and you pretended to learn.

Wanda saw memories of your training - increasingly difficult and demanding - and of you finding out that your parents were living in the United States through a letter.

"I think you should go see them." One of your colleagues, when you must have been about 14 or 15, had commented during a training session. He was one of the other sorcerers who received Oshtur's blessing and was being trained as a Knight of the Order just like you.

Your younger version giggled as you defended yourself from the blow with a much more skillful move than when you were a child.

"If they hadn't sent us away, my brother would still be here." That's what you said before you attacked again. Your friend sighed wearily, trying to defend himself, but you were much faster and knocked him down without difficulty. Before you landed the last blow, another stick came in front of you and stopped the fight.