{EIGHT}

EXTRA ORDINARY 

"In the end, after our brother Ben had died and Delilah had left, there was really nothing connecting us. We were just strangers living under the same roof, destined to be alone, starved for attention, damaged by our upbringing and haunted by what might have been,"

Delilah is sat on a bright green beanbag in the middle of a library, people move around her as the day passes, and a worker tries to get her to leave.

"Ma'am if you don't have a library card -"

"Shhh, I've been name-dropped," Delilah holds up her hand, and her Umbrella Academy tattoo peeks out through her knitted jumper, the woman sighs and steps back.

EXTRA ORDINARY 

A new day meant Delilah was receiving the exact same breakfast she'd consumed yesterday. Grace is frying some eggs and bacon and 3 orange juices are sat on the table. Allison and Luther exchange concerned looks and Delilah really is trying her best to avoid looking at them, she didn't want to know -

"Mom?" Luther starts "We need to ask you some questions about the night that Dad died,"

"What?" Delilah turns her head "Do you really think that's appropriate?" Allison shushes her.

"Do you remember anything Mom?" Luther continues and Grace turns

"Of course. Sunset, 7:33 p.m. Moon was waxing crescent, dinner was Cornish hen, wild rice, and carrots-"

"No. No, uh... later that night. In his bedroom. Did you go and see him?"

"What the hell is wrong with you Luther?" again, Delilah is ignored.

Grace chuckles "I don't recall," she continues to hum and Luther and Alisson mutter between them before Allison starts talking.

"Were you ever...I don't know, angry with Dad?"

Grace turns again "Your father was a good man. A kind man. He was very good to me,"

"Grace, you don't have to answer them if you don't want to," Delilah starts, standing up and walking over to the 'robot' "No one's in charge of you,"

"Oh it's fine Delilah dear," Grace reaches her hand up and strokes the blonde's cheek "They're just curious,"

"But it's not right-"

"After we all left, it must have been difficult,"

"Oh, there were days," Grace laughs, letting go of Delilah "You kids kept me oh so busy, and then..." she trails off, never finishing.

"What?"

"Mom, what were you gonna say?"

"Eggs are ready!" Grace grins, acting like nothing happened, gently pushing Delilah back to her chair "Sit down lovely, Breakfast is the most important meal of the day!" she manages to balance three plates and places them on the table "Now, eat up. All of you,".

Grace walks back to the stove, and Delilah looks down at her child-size potion of eggs and bacon, a smiley face stares back at her.

EXTRA ORDINARY 

"Are you mental?!"

"He is Lilah, he absolutely is,"

"Oh, there we are again, the double D strikes again,"