{TWO}

WE ONLY SEE EACH OTHER AT WEDDINGS AND FUNERALS

Delilah steps out of an orange taxi, her torn converse hitting the pavement as she takes out a large suitcase from the seat beside her, she nods to the driver in thanks and he drives off, leaving the woman in front of the academy. Delilah sighs before walking up to the doors and pushing them open with ease, leading her into the entry way where a familiar woman stood "I thought I saw another taxi pull up," the brunette turns and eyes widen in shock.

"Lilah..." Vanya breathes out and Delilah abandons her suitcase, walking up to Vanya to give her a hug. She squeezes her tightly before letting go of the woman.

"Well, don't look too excited to see me," she teases

"Sorry... it's just..." Vanya struggles to find the words "you've been in another country for... over ten years and you're here. I mean, you didn't even go to your mom's funeral,"

"Yeah..." Delilah doesn't elaborate, she only gives Vanya's shoulder a squeeze, accompanied by a soft smile "I've missed you Van,"

"Yeah... yeah me too,"

"Well I um, I'd better go unpack," Vanya nods, watching as Delilah lugs her case up the stairs, heading to the room which she occasionally stayed in when at the academy.

"Miss Miller, I can take that," Pogo appears suddenly and Delilah grabs her chest in shock.

"Thanks, Pogo, but I'm a big girl now," she lifts the case up one-handed with ease "and well..."

"Yes," Pogo nods, immediately understanding where she was going "It's good to see you," Pogo gestures and Delilah nods, picking up her case and continuing on her trip, before being stopped again by a familiar laugh at the top of the stairs, she sighs and keeps going until she sees Klaus quickly hiding something in his coat.

"Nice to see some things don't change," she mutters and his eyes widen, turning to the blonde.

"Delilah!" he exclaims, watching as she puts her suitcase next to him "I didn't think you'd turn up!"

"Hm, thought I'd come see the chaos which usually occurs when the Hargreeves reunite,"

"Mhm, we aim to entertain," he jokes before giving her a proper look, from her destroyed shoes and trousers that don't quite reach her ankles, all the way to her pinned-up hair "I missed you!" he taps her nose before dragging her into a tight hug, sniffing her hair as she grimaces from the weed smell embedded in his coat before he pulls away, holding her at arm's length "Now, Allison and Luther are in dad's office, so if you wanted to... have a poke about, we may walk in on them again," Delilah laughs at the memory of 16 year old her and Klaus walking in on something that made them want to gauge their eyes as Klaus wraps his right arm around her and starts leading her away, "Now, tell me all about the weather over there,".

WE ONLY SEE EACH OTHER AT WEDDINGS AND FUNERALS

Delilah is sat next to Vanya on the sofa of the living room, Klaus is pouring himself a drink behind them and the others sit around the room.

"Um," Luther stands and addresses the room "I guess we should get this started. So, I figured we could have some sort of memorial service in the courtyard at sundown. Say a few words, just at Dad's favourite spot,"

"Dad had a favourite spot?" Allison asks, harbouring some whiskey in her lap

"Yeah, you know, under the oak tree," everyone looks at him confused "We used to sit out there all the time, did none of you ever do that?"

"Will there be refreshments?" Klaus walks over "Tea? Scones? Cucumber sandwiches are always a winner," Delilah nods in agreement at sandwiches.

"What? No! And put that out, you know Dad didn't allow smoking in here," Luther instructs

"Is that my skirt?" Allison asks, gesturing to Klaus' attire

"What? Oh yeah, I found it in your room. It's a little dated, I know, but it's very breathe-y on the bits," Delilah smiles as she takes a sip of rosé before Luther scolded her.

"Listen up. Still some important things we need to discuss, alright?" Klaus finally sits down next to Delilah.

"Like what?" Diego asks his brother, looking up.

"Like how he died,"

"And here we go,"

"I don't understand, I thought they said it was a heart attack," Vanya speaks up

"Yeah, according to the coroner,"

"Well, wouldn't they know,"

"Theoretically,"

"Luther, it's literally their job," Delilah sighs

"I'm just saying, at the very least, something happened. The last time that I talked to Dad, he sounded strange,"

Klaus gurgles back some of his drink "Oh, quelle surprise!"

"Strange how?" Allison dismisses Klaus

"He sounded on edge. Told me I should be careful who I trust."

"Luther, he was a paranoid, bitter, old man," Diego stands up "Who was starting to lose what was left of his marbles,"

"No," Luther denies "he must have known something was going to happen," he then turns to Klaus, lounging out on the sofa opposite, pushing Delilah into Vanya "Look, I know you don't like to do it...but I need you to talk to Dad," Allison scoffs and Delilah sighs.

"I can't just call Dad in the afterlife and be like 'Dad, could you just...stop playing tennis with Hitler for a moment and take a quick call?'"

"Since when? That's your thing!"

"I'm not in the right frame of mind,"

"He's high," Delilah explains to the room bitterly,

"Yeah! Yeah!" Klaus laughs, not picking up on the annoyance "I mean, how're you not listening to this nonsense?"

"Well, sober up, this is important," Klaus sighs in exasperation "Then there's the issue of the missing monocle,"

"Who gives a shit?" Delilah asks everyone

"Right!" Diego points to her in agreement

"Exactly," Luther turns to Diego "It's worthless. So, whoever took it, I think it was personal. Someone close to him - someone with a grudge,"

"Where're you going with this?"

"Oh, isn't it obvious Klaus?" Diego looks Luther in the eyes "He thinks one of us killed Dad," Luther goes to object, but all that comes out is a soft grunt, everyone stays silent as they process the accusation.

"You do!" Klaus exclaims

"How could you think that?" Vanya mutters

"Great job Luther, a great way to lead," Diego leaves

"That's not what I'm saying -"

"You're crazy man! You're crazy," Klaus stands "Crazy,"

"I'm not finished!" Luther gestures to everyone preparing to leave

"Okay, well I'm just gonna go murder mom. I'll be right back," Klaus leaves, Vanya and Delilah following

"That's not what I saw saying,"

Delilah turns to him "It's your father's funeral and you're accusing your siblings and me of murder? You might want to re-learn some social skills, not that you really had any to begin with," Delilah shakes her head and leaves.