Another Family

Hoshimi woke up to the sound of birds chirping outside her window. Much better than that stupid alarm clock, she thought to herself. She got out of her platform bed and put on her old uniform, which Danuja had kindly washed for her. 

When she walked into the lobby Danuja was packing a backpack. She noticed Hoshimi and closed the bag before handing it to her.

"Here you go, dear, I've packed a bag for you. I gave you a map of the city and surrounding areas, and the thermal cup has some Tea in it. I also gave you a tray of sushi in case you get hungry on the way. I assume you can make it back to your home, unless I need to give you directions?" Danuja offered.

"Its fine, I know the city like the back of my-" Hoshimi stopped. She was about to say 'hand', but then she realized she didn't know the back of her hand. Who the hell would have a birthmark in the shape of a snake? She always thought it to be very strange. Maybe it was a tattoo? She tried to shrug it off. "Yeah, I can find my way."

Danuja looked concerned for a second, then smiled and hugged her goodbye. Hoshimi briskly walked out the door and down the mountain towards the train station.

~~ ♪ ~~

Time skip to on the train because I can't be bothered

~~ ♪ ~~

Hoshimi stared out the window, watching endless amounts of sand go by. There really wasn't much to look at outside so she decided to look around on the inside instead. The other passengers were reading a newspaper, on their phone, listening to music, or something similar.

Hoshimi continued to look around the room, and her heart skipped a beat when she made direct eye contact with a two-headed Fangpyre. Hoshimi immediately recognized it to be Fangtom. FANGIRL MOMENT. He noticed her staring and smiled, waving.

He was well over 6 feet tall, and had a long tail that took up two seats. What really scared her were his fangs. She knew he wouldn't do anything to harm her, but just the sight of them made her shudder. Hoshimi used her hand to block further eye contact. Peeping between her fingers, she saw Fangtom's expression (or rather expressions?) Turn to one of confusion, then sudden realization.

Just then, the train screeched to a halt and an announcer's voice blared over the speakers. "We have arrived at Ninjago City. Please exit the train if this is your destination," it said. Almost everyone got up, and Hoshimi couldn't even stand because of all the people moving past her. She decided to wait until most people were off. When the moment came, she saw Fangtom get up and slither over to her. She just pretended not to notice him until it was impossible to do so.

"That marking... on your hand... where did you... get it?" He asked her, tapping her shoulder.

Hoshimi tried not to fangirl scream while replying, "I don't really know, I've had it as long as I can remember."

Fangtom inspected her hand and said, "That is... an Anacondrai sssymbol... It means you onccce... belonged with them. However... I don't ssee... how that is posssible. Unless..." he looked at Hoshimi, visibly confused. "What isss... your name?"

"Hoshimi," she replied, "And you're... Fangtom, right?"

Fangtom's eyes lit up. "That'sss right... Hoshimi! It's been... so long," he beamed. " I would not have... expected you... to remember me. You were... only a child."

"Wait, what's going on? How do you know me? I'm not even from this dimension!" Hoshimi stammered.

"You were sent... to another realm... when the Realm Crystal was... destroyed. We thought... we had lost you." Fangtom explained.

"So I'm actually from Ninjago?" Hoshimi inferred.

"Not only... from Ninjago... but a hybrid."

Hoshimi froze. "I'm a... what?"

"A hybrid... you are half... ssserpentine. I'm sure the others... would love to sssee you again."

I'm half serpentine? Hoshimi thought.

That explains a lot...