109 Hands Off My Loki

Tony had the ability to become the focal point of any room and this was no exception as he took all the attention for just a few seconds before Loki regained the majority. Standing with his hands on his hips Tony was giving Strange an intense glare while sorting through Strange's announcement. In seconds he had examined and dismissed multiple possibilities until he had several that were possible. Possible but unlikely so he demanded, "Explain." More data was always a good thing.

Having raised an eyebrow at Stark's outburst Strange now folded his hands under his arms to hide them, it had become such a habit that he wasn't even aware he was doing it. It was a habit he had developed when thinking because there was nothing to do with his hands. So now he tucked them away as he debated how much to divulge. Because of all that Wong had revealed to him he still needed to sort it all out which led him to decide to start by giving as little information as he could. Knowing the future meant knowing there were too many variables he didn't want to influence. There already were going to be too many nudges that he would have to do himself, he didn't want Stark staggering around as an independent variable with undue influence on what was needed to happen. 

From her spot next to Loki Annie was listening with only half her attention because she was watching what was being done with Loki. Gentle yet skillful hands moved him from the gurney to a large bed that had been wheeled in only moments before. The linens were crisp and white without any streaks and drops of blood on them like the ones he left behind. Efficiently he was hooked up to monitors using sticky pads and wires that made the machines beep and then start blinking and softly hum.

One of the nurses asked with a kind voice, "We need to change him, are any of his clothes sentimental or that you want to keep?"

With a confused expression, Annie looked at the nurse who had a  typical green hospital gown in one hand and a pair of cutting shears in the other. As the woman snipped them back and forth in the air Annie understood that they were going to cut his clothes off. Her instinct was to rebel at the destruction of brand new clothes, other than the hoodie this was the first time he had worn any of them. But then again, the clothes already had most of their seams ripped because of his sudden growth. Mentally she laughed, sudden? Hell, damn near instantaneous growth. Besides, there was blood on the hoodie and his shirt, these clothes were ruined one way or another. Before she could speak Tony called out.

"Hey, hold off on putting him in one of those ass-showing gowns. I'll have something brought up from the gift shop. J? You know what I'm talking about."

"Yes, Sir. The usual?" 

"Of course."

"Very good, Sir. They will be brought up immediately."

Tony winked at Annie and then turned to Strange. "So, continue." Tony imperiously commanded then enjoyed the annoyed raised eyebrow Strange gave him.

The nurse shrugged, "He's the boss." Putting the shears back in a large pocket on her scrubs and tossing the gown over her shoulder she explained, "We're moving him to a room, it's an ICU so give us just a few minutes and you can come with him."

Moving down to the foot that still had a shoe on she tugged it off, she knew it was several sizes too small. She carefully flexed and massaged his toes to soothe them while she nodded, of course, she'd go with him. From across the room, she heard the Doctor speak to Tony and Bruce and she gave them her attention.

"He came to earth because someone sent him." Strange met Tony's narrowed eyes but kept him from interrupting by raising his hand palm out, "I need to know who the sender is," Strange glanced over to check the monitors without even being aware he was doing it, once he noted everything seemed acceptable he continued, "If we don't gain that information there will be catastrophic consequences."