Chapter Two: An Old Friend

My long H/c braided hair flew behind me as I swiftly ran through the cold tundra; if I was to walk, I might freeze. Following the compass, I finally saw Techno's snow-covered little retirement cabin, if he wasn't home I was done for.

Running even faster than I had been previously to the door, I loudly knocked. I then shouted, "Techno! Please open the door, it's just me, Y/n!"

The hybrid thankfully opened the door and greeted me inside, "Hello Dream's girlfriend," He joked, "It's been a while. Do you have news for me?"

"I have a lot more than news," I took off my thin coat and sat on the couch closest to the fireplace, "Dream's been taken to prison."

My friend's eyes darkened with sudden seriousness, and he shut the door, walking to one of the couches next to the one I was sitting at and said, "Continue."

"I- I narrowly escaped," My voice cracked, "He was taken to the prison Tommy was supposed to go to. Dream might have had it for a long time coming but-" I let out a shaky breath, "He truly just wanted to make the world a better place! A euphoria..." I cut my voice short.

"He'll be alright," Techno said, "I assume you came here for my help to break him out?"

"Yes, and a place to stay," My eyes nervously scanned the room, "If you'll have me, that is."

"Of course," The Blade quickly agreed, "I'll start thinking of a plan right now, you may use the guest room and stay for as long as you like; or until Dream gets back, "Techno got up and started walking out of the living room, then turned back to me, "You know your way around the house still?" I nodded my head, and The Blood God went into his War and Weapons room.

Timidly, I walked down the opposite corridor and into the guest room. I had been here several times; back when me and Dream lived closer to Techno and weren't living in the bunker. How I missed those days...

Sighing, I placed my things beside the bed and went into the bathroom, turning on the shower and getting myself cleaned up from the long run through the wind and dirt. After washing, I changed my clothes into some casual wear and collapsed onto the bed. Sleep soon overcame me, and night had already fallen by the time I awoke once again; but it was expected. Putting on some slippers Techno had gratefully left for me, I wandered the halls until I saw something I wasn't supposed to... The blade talking to the voices.

My friend turned around in shock, a red mist resembling a ghost, or spirit, or something quickly entering his head and disappearing. He fumbled around, me still confused about the split second that I had seen.

"You- you weren't supposed to see her..." The hybrid's head turned to his feet, "I will explain it all, but you must promise not to tell a soul about the voices!"

"Erm- Okay," Was all that seemed to justify the situation. He sat down in one of the office chairs and I walked around the table, sitting down at one that was across from the Orphan Slayer. My eyes wandered around the room in our awkward silence before he decided to speak once again.

"You see, I have voices, or spirits you could call them, and they sort of tell me what to do. They live inside of me, and when they tell me to do something, I have to... Or else they will come out of me and begin to terrorize my life."

"It's certainly something?" I didn't know what to say, but I quickly added, "But I won't tell anyone, of course."

"Well um, you remember how I would always love to kill things industriously? During the L'manburg days, before I retired and the Butcher Army or all that jazz?" He paused, "It wasn't my fault!" Tears welled up in the part-piglins eyes, and I felt quite bad for him. Putting a comforting hand on his shoulder I whispered, "Please don't cry! As I said before, your secrets safe with me."

--------------------------

701 words! I'm not sure if that was longer or shorter then the last chapter, but I am really trying to write more and more on my books. Hope your enjoying it so far! Stay hydrated, eat some good food, follow, comment, vote, check out my other books, all that jazz.