Chapter 1

You just gave birth six months ago to your beautiful baby girl, Jana. 

She was the most precious thing in the world. You wished for her to stay the same size forever. The way she oozed on your chest whenever she finished her bottle, her little hiccups whenever you couldn't burp her fast enough. She was your world. You wanted to protect her from everything.

From every nasty thing in the world. 

"Hey Leon can you wash those dishes for me, please. I'm not feeling good, my stomach hurts so bad!" You exclaimed to your husband.

The two of you met a while after your parents passed. The darkest point in your life. He was everything. He called you beautiful daily and reminded you of how you were his world. Showed you the world. Took you in after hearing what happened to your parents and his family treated you as their own. You were living the perfect life; you even got married to him 2 years after meeting him. Nothing could go wrong. Ever.

"You need to get up, You're losing yourself. You had Jana six months ago and haven't even dropped the baby weight yet. I'll wash the dishes but you need to get it together Y/N" Leon responded.

It isn't your first time hearing this. You just brushed it off. As always. It's hard being a mother and only a mother could understand that. The only bad part about it is that you wish you had your mother to guide you through this all. 

You're just learning to be a mother, without your mother. Leon's parents help out from time to time, but it isn't the same connection as your own parents. You miss their laughs, their jokes. Whenever you had a bad day at school, they'd help you out and were always the shoulder to cry on. You had no one else, no siblings, and not that many friends. It never troubled you growing up as you always had your parents by your side. 

"Whatever. Have you met the new neighbour yet? I'll miss Mama though. She was my best friend" you said.

Mama was short for Mauve. Your neighbor. She lived in the house next to you, and she was always there for both You and Leon. As the years went on, her Alzheimer's had gotten worse. Her children forced her to move in with them and sold her house. 

You and Mama's relationship was close to the point where if Jana wasn't born you would've taken care of the old woman instead. But, Jana is so young and Leon's constantly at work providing for the two of you. Taking care of two people on your own with two different needs would be difficult.

"Yeah I hear a young guy is moving in though, It's kinda weird because it looks like he has no children or even a wife or husband" Leon responded finishing the dishes while you sat on the couch breastfeeding your newborn.

"Oh really? How'd you even find that out? They haven't even moved in yet" You questioned

"I have connections remember, He's moving in tomorrow. His name is Aaron I believe!" Leon exclaimed.

"Huh. Well, I'll make something nice for him and introduce myself." You said

"Now why would you do that" Leon shut off the tap and turned towards you with his eyebrows furrowed.

"You jealous? I wanna introduce myself since we're literally connected by these thin ass walls. Get over yourself Leon" you joked.

"You have a point, Once I'm done work I'll greet myself. I can't have any bad blood with the man. He might be a soccer fan as well. Gotta have a soccer buddy" he said, before kissing your forehead.

You smiled. You loved it when he did that.

"Yeah, so I'll finally get some peace in this house." You laughed.
You both lived in semi-detached. A fairly nice neighborhood, the both of you fought over picking out. You wanted an apartment because houses scared you. Multiple entry points for Bulgars or even murders. You're an absolute crime lover.