Chapter 2

Days have passed since you met your new neighbour Eren. Your conversations were limited due to Leon's jealousy. Since he's moved next door, your and Leon's arguments were more common. It was either about your weight or whenever you spoke to Eren. You constantly reassured him he had nothing to worry about. You were his wife, not Eren's.

You decided to go outside with the baby, get some fresh air and do some gardening just in time for summer. You love plants, flowers, and growing fruits. Watching them grow was your favourite thing of all. Red Spider Lily is your favourite flower.

You placed Jana in her rocker outside; you wanted to garden quickly. You were unsure how long Jana would be sleeping; you decided to set everything up to enjoy the nice evening outside. You wore black biker shorts with a loose tank top showing off your tattoos. You looked at your reflection through the glass door that led inside the house. Happy to see yourself. After a while, you hear Leon's repeated remarks from inside your head.

"You look like you're still pregnant" "You should hit the gym with me, We can leave Jana at my parents house" "You're losing yourself again Y/N" "Refocus" "Where's that beauty I met when I was 23? She was 19 and the most precious thing in the world"

A caught a tear slipping down your eye. You kissed Jana and began gardening holes throughout your shared backyard. You share the backyard with him.

What if Leon sees you out here? You brushed the thought off and looked towards Erens side.

He's not there. You're fine.

The toxic thoughts flooded your mind once again. Why isn't Leon attracted to me anymore? Why does he treat me so badly? Am I not good enough?

You decided tomorrow evening you'd get dressed and go out on a surprise date with your husband. You wanted to feel like you, again. Like how you two first met. Young and foolish. The feeling of ecstasy that filled your mind whenever you guys went out. The butterflies, the happiness, the way you felt whenever you were with each other.

"Hey stranger," a voice said behind you

You turned around and saw Eren on his balcony drinking a beer. Shirtless. His body was so defined, and his abs were so toned.

"I thought you said you don't drink?" You said, pointing towards the beer in his hand.

"Correction, I don't drink from your husband" he smiled

"Do you not trust us or something? You think we'd drug our new neighbour?' you said

"Oh no, I trust you. Just not him." Eren said before drinking a large gulp of his beer.

Beer is disgusting, I don't know how people like it.

You continued your gardening work, feeling his eyes pressed onto the back of your skin. You remember how your stomach was more noticeable in tight clothing. You felt self-conscious.

"Quit staring at me" You spat

"I wasn't staring, I just like the way you look" he yelled back on his balcony

He did a man spread. Clearly enjoying watching you work. You had a fairly nice body before the pregnancy weight kicked in, so you knew he was staring at your ass.

The little attention Eren showed you warmed your heart. You wanted to know his story. What brought him here? What was the purpose of you two meeting? What character is he going to play in your story. You felt yourself heat up, a small little voice inside your head that wished the scenarios you created came true. You can't afford to treat another person like you treat your husband.

"Y/N" You heard Leon yell your name.

Both of your gazes turned towards the voice. He marched in the backyard red as a tomato.