☹️ | trust issues

ty for the request btw 🙌🙌!!!!

this is one of my first times actually writing angst, so im just experimenting!!!!!!!!

tw/cw: overthinking, past relationship issues, angst, mentions of karlnapity

Quackity always had issues when it came to relationships.

He found it hard to even love anymore because of the other relationships he's been in before. He always just worried if he would ever be left again, if he would lose, or if he would be taken advantage of.

So, he just came to a conclusion to close his doors. His heart.

All his true emotions have been already tossed away long ago, and they were just covered up with a powerful facade: one where he would put on a tough act. One where nobody could even recognize he was the same Quackity from before.

But Wilbur did. He was able to see through his act. He knew the person he was underneath.

Wilbur stepped towards the door and knocked on it. He was waiting to be let through. He wanted to go to the place that was concealed for a long time. One that his past lovers had seen before, but just damaged it the moment they entered.

Quackity opened the door for him with a warm smile, and he let him in.

But his issues still lingered.

After all, nobody could fix something that's already broken.

Even Wilbur knew this, but he was still determined to. Why?

Because he loved Quackity.

The two were on a date strolling around Las Nevadas. Wilbur was holding onto his lover's hand tightly with a warm smile as he blabbered on about all kinds of events he had went through in his life. Quackity on the other hand, wasn't really holding onto his hand. He was sort of limp. He was hearing Wilbur, but he wasn't actually listening to him.

It had started raining a couple of moments ago. The raindrops poured down onto Wilbur, who was still beaming with sunshine despite the weather, and Quackity, who felt dull.

Quackity furrowed his eyebrows as he started to drift away from reality, and he began to focus on his thoughts and his thoughts only.

Was this all fake?

Did Wilbur even love him?

When he smiles at him—is it even genuine?

Wilbur had to be using him, right? That's what everyone else did.

There was no way he wasn't using him.

Quackity's thoughts came to an abrupt stop as Wilbur rested his hand onto Quackity's back, which was shaking without him being aware.

"Q? Are you alright?" Wilbur's voice grew quieter than the tone he had before.

Quackity stayed quiet. He pushed Wilbur's hand away and began to walk ahead of Wilbur without him even knowing.

Wilbur's eyebrows jump as he rushes up to catch up to him.

"Quackity? What's wrong?" he called out as he gripped tightly onto Quackity's wrist.

Quackity stayed quiet once again.

"D—Do you need jacket? Are you cold? I can—"

"Wilbur, just stop."

Wilbur's breath hitches.

He backs away immediately.

"I'm sorry." he mumbles.

Quackity sighs. "Just—you know what?"

He turns back to Wilbur, who stood quiet—who was alarmed, almost.

"I know what you're doing, Wilbur." Quackity began.

"I know you're trying to use me. I know you're trying to take advantage of me."

Wilbur freezes.

"I—It's... I know it's fake. Nobody would actually treat me like an actual person." he gulped as he clenches his fists, making his knuckles almost turn to a pale white.

"Please just stop. I'm so tired of it, Wilbur." his voice shook as he felt tears beginning to form in the corner of his eyes.

Wilbur looks down to the ground, then he looks back at Quackity. The one he loved.

"I'm not trying to use you, Quackity." he says in a sorrowful tone.

"Then why are you so nice to me? Nobody ever does that, Wilbur. Nobody! Not unless they wanna use me!" Quackity cries out, quickly breaking into silent sobs. "Was this stupid date just another plan for you to get even closer to me just to break me again?

Wilbur's breath practically stops.

The thunder rumbled as he watched his lover crumble right in front of him, all from his fault.

"Quackity, please—"

"What is it? You—what? Are you gonna say you love me now? Are you gonna say you're sorry? It's all the same, Wilbur!"

Wilbur felt tears streak down his face. It was the first time he had ever cried in years.

"I do love you, Quackity! I would never fucking use you, please, just listen!" he cried.

"Stop saying that, just stop." Quackity's voice trembled. "Stop saying what they said. Karl and Sapnap told me the exact same things you're telling me right now." he sucked in a breath as he wiped away his tears. "But they still left me."

Wilbur's hands began to shake.

"Just—we're done, okay? I want you out of my fucking sight. Please. I don't want you in Las Nevadas anymore."

And with that one sentence, Wilbur's heart broke in two.

He turned away from Quackity wordlessly, but he still didn't walk away. Instead, he stood there, still listening to Quackity's sobs.

"Go!" he yelled.

Wilbur sighed and walked away, still looking back at Quackity with sorrowful eyes.

He should have gone over it since he was villainizing him after all he'd done for him, but he couldn't help but blame himself for what just happened.

He watched Quackity as he stood there trembling.

He did something wrong, didn't he?

919 words

that was actually fun to write😟