⭐️ | love at first sight

TYSM FOR THE REQUEST, AND SO SORRH FOR THE LONG WAIT SCHOOL IS BEING A BITCH RN

cw: fluff, royal au, princebur, wilbur is denying his gayness, wilbur is referred to as soot or prince soot, sbi is no more (JUST FOR THIS AU), wilbur pov but still 3rd person (if that makes sense)

happy pride month everyone!!!!!🙌

All hail prince Wilbur Soot; the man soon to be known as king.

He was quite a relevant figure to the village and its people. He had the greatest care and riches a man could ever have—but he didn't want any of this. All the shining jewels and gems just weren't enough for him. But then—what did he want?

Prince Soot had always brushed off this feeling. There were more things to look forward to, after all; like finally taking the position as king and being able to rule this kingdom. Finally being able to grasp onto the kingdom he was destined to take over. Though the thought still bothered him.

Tomorrow was the day all of his dreams come true.

"Wil, are you ready?" his father, Philza Soot, called out from behind the wooden door.

Soot gulped as he pulled away from the mirror. He gazed at his reflection one last time.

He looked dazzling.

His curly brown hair with the signature white streak trailed down from his scalp to his eyes, which were dyed with a faint red hue. There were his golden-framed glasses perched on his nose. His slim and fit body fit perfectly in the dark brown suit, which had a black tie paired with his good-old white button-down.

He sucked in a breath. "Yes, Father, I'm coming out right away!" he called out. (GAY)

The door opened with a click, revealing his Father (who was shorter than him by a lot) standing before him. He smiled sweetly at his son, proud of how far he's gotten.

"Your mother would be so proud." he whispered in a small voice.

Soot smiled.

They both trudged down along the corridor with their backs straight and their faces captured in a more serious and concentrated expression. As they walked, they passed by a few of their maids and butlers who trembled as they found themselves under their gaze. Soot always felt bad for them since it felt like they were becoming his slaves, but he never dared to speak a word about it to his Father.

Surely, when he became king, he could give them a small break for once, right?

They finally made it out the castle and a crowd was there awaiting their reveal. The crowd released an uproar of cheers and applause, which only made Soot raise his head higher than he ever raised it before.

It was incredible. The feeling of being worshipped by everyone in the village was absolutely precious.

"Everyone, please make way for the new king!" his father announced, quickly making everyone oblige.

The crowd split up into two halves. In the middle of the wide pathway, there was a clearway where Soot would walk. Every single person in the crowd stared at Soot with excitement and eagerness.

"Go ahead, Wil." his Father encouraged him.

Soot sighed and nodded as he quickly rushed down the tall stone stairs to approach the crowd. They had started cheering louder than ever, and Prince Soot swore that an earthquake almost occurred.

As he walked, he felt surrounded by cheers and praises. He felt like he was at the top of the world.

Soot came to a stop in the middle of the path. He glanced around and he spotted a bouquet of flowers on the ground. It was dandelions, his favourite kind.

He quickly checked if people were looking at him. They were.

Well, what could he lose?

He approached the dropped sunflowers (which was in the crowd) and he picked them up. There was a person standing in front of him with a basket of different flowers of all kinds, so he just assumed that person dropped it.

Soot lightly tapped onto the person's shoulder, in which they turned around quickly.

Oh my god. He was gorgeous.

There were small moles splattered across a lot of his face. His light brown eyes looked directly into the prince's, who swore he almost melted. There was a faint scar striking through his right eye, and his fluffy black hair streaked down to his shoulders.

A flash of panic washes over his face after he realized who was standing before him.

"Oh my, I apologize, Prince Soot!" he cried, suddenly bowing down towards Soot.

Soot gulped as he watched him bow down. It didn't feel right to him.

"Um, It's alright, really. I was just returning the flowers you dropped." he smiled shakily as he presented them in front of the villager.

The man's breath shuddered. "My apologies, Prince Soot." he sounded sort of scared of him.

He snatched the flowers out of the prince's hands and frantically stuffed it back into his basket.

"You don't have to worry about anything." Soot assured, completely just deciding to give up when he still saw the slightly frightened expression on his face.

"U—Yes! Of course!" he bowed again.

Soot looked around to see all the people in the crowd staring down at both of them. He then looked back at the villager to see him repeatedly bowing down like a broken machine.

"I'm truly sorry for dragging all this attention to you. Uh, what is your name?"

The villager's eyes widened as he looked back at the future king.

"M—Alex Quackity—is my name, Prince Soot." he muttered.

Soot nodded slowly, quickly panicking when he felt his face heat up. He was, in-fact, blushing.

"I must go." he breathed out, wordlessly rushing back to the castle he knew and loved.

The crowd was left there confused and puzzled.

Quackity, on the other hand, was stood there with his flowers, completely speechless.

"What had happened back there, Wil?" his father called out, soon to be completely ignored by his son, who dashed into his bedroom.

Just who was that, and what did he even feel back there?

It was like Soot found the thing he was always missing.

1046 words

a