Chapter 1 - Friends and magic (re-work)

The girl walked in front of her house and took her keys out, she just came back from training, she definitely needed sleep from using her magic so much all in one day. She practically doubled her magic usage this year compared to the others.

P.O.V. (?)
______________________________

'I wonder if she will visit today...'
...
'Knowing her she probably will, she always has something to say about her training.'

I slowly opened the door until someone decided to jump on me from behind, I pull out my throwing dagger as defence as fast as I could to protect myself from whoever managed to find my house and decided to attack me.

"My point Jo, I'm not a threat, you know that! Also please put that away." The unknown person said.
"Seriously? You just HAD to jump on me! You know very well that I could've hurt you." I responded.
"Yep! Wanna hear about what happened in training?" She responded.

I started imitating her to mock her recklessness: "Oh hi I'm Ella and I jump on my friends to make them think they're being attacked!"

"Hey! I'm not that bad!" Ella whined.
"I don't believe you."
She started approaching the door with me. "Why you- I swear to actual Point."
"Anyways what happened in training?" I answered back.
"They're starting to make teams with wizards and knights!" She chirped back in excitement.
"Cool! Did you get in a team yet?" I replied.
"Well yeah but we aren't in the same team..."

Ella makes a pout face after her last statement.
'I swear she sounds like a kicked puppy.'

"Oh, who did you get paired with then?"
"Well, I got paired with a knight named Jamie. I met them already, they're pretty cool if I do say do myself."
'Jamie, huh, I feel like I've heard that name before... Oh, right! They're one of the knights that contributed to settling the war between the earth and light countries by setting a good part of the earth country on fire... They must be experienced since they were trusted with that big of a mission.'
"Cool, and what wizard are you guys paired with?" I asked.
"We are paired with a wizard named...F- Flo- Florence- Flower...? Something that starts with 'Flo'"
"Flora?"
"Yeah! That!"
"Wow you guys are lucky, she's one of the best wizards we have!"
"Really? That's awesome!"
"Well yeah! She's one of the best in the healing department and defense department too!" I practically squealed back.
'I sound like some kind of fangirl... But hey, don't blame me, Flora is awesome!'
"Wait you guys have departments?"
"Well departments are just like you guy's different specialty quarters."
"Oh, like the stealth and agility quarters?"
"Like that, yeah. Did you just think that we were that disorganized?"
"Mayyybeeeee??" She answered back.
"Well, we aren't, we're actually very organized in our area so get used to it."
"Yeah, yeah and blah blah blah organization is the best way to get things done quickly and blah blah blah, I've heard you say this a million times already! Anyways, when do you think you'll get in a team?"
"Dunno, I'm still inexperienced so I don't think I'll be going on a team and taking missions any time soon."
"You've literally been there longer than me, shut up, you make me feel bad about my lack of training."
"Well, wizards need more training to make sure we don't like, curse everyone accidentally, dumbass."
"Yeah, yeah whatever you say."
"Are you gonna stop making fun of me one day or...?"
"Nope! But seriously I think that you'll be put in a team soon cause like yeah, you need experience and stuff." She chirped back.
"Well, if what you're saying is true, I'd probably get a letter delivered to me soon probably sometime in the weekend." I thought out loud.
"Probably, I dunno."
"So anyways, can I go in my house without getting attacked this time?"
"Nope! I'm coming with so you can't get rid of me that soon!"
"Ugh fine, you can come in, I guess. Why do you even wanna come in my house? I clearly remember you calling this place boring, like, a few days ago."
"Well, I don't remember saying that, so you're stuck with meeeee!"

Ella starts poking my shoulder a bunch like an idiot.

"At least stop poking me and let me unlock the door."
"Nah, I think I'll pass." She said while I took out my keys

I sigh...

"Just get inside."
"Okay!"

3rd person POV
________________________________

Both go inside of Jo's house after she unlocks the doors and Ella goes straight to the library.

"Why are you even going to the library?" Jo asked.
"The teachers asked for books about our weapons, and I couldn't find any for my sword and the enhancement on my spear."
"Is this why you suddenly changed your mind about my house?"
"I never did, your house still sucks."

Jo sighs

"Here, the weapons section is at the back and the enhancement section is in the middle part..." I directed her.
"Thank youu!"
"You're hopeless."

As Ella wandered in the library, Jo stared out the window with her book on new enhancements on the table in front of her.

'This is going to be a long day.'

End of chapter
Next chapter: Messenger or cat?