the word painfully seems very relevant here and its use its totes not annoying

May 30th, 1995, The car drive was painfully long as your mother drove you about 12 hours from your home town , you've been causing a bit of a "ruckus" at your old school, so she decided youd be better off spending a month of your summer break at "Here School" , it seemed like every other school but wouldnt it be closed? I mean most schools just ended , you guessed it was just open for another month.

At the moment you looked off out the window at the rainy city you quickly passed by , the map your mom had in the second passenger's seat taking up most the room flapped a bit from a window your mom cracked open to smoke.

You thought this summer was gonna be the best yet, your dad had you all summer and today was supposed to be the last day shed take you up until september, but with alot of secretive planning that (you didnt even think your dad consented to) , you were being sent to this school--- place--- thing-- , you hoped that this wouldnt ruin your summer because atleast you still had a month and 2 weeks to spend doing all the stuff you wanted? Right?

After another hour of overthinking, map flapping noises, and the radio playing cheezy ass christian music , you arrived .

Welcome to Here School , you stare at it as your mom throws your stuff at you and drives off.

You stare at it painfully unaware of what's to come.

➡️