۵ Bloody Sunset ۵

_________ ׂׂૢ་༘࿐

_________ ׂׂૢ་༘࿐

❝ [Hello, my loves] ❞

﹉﹉﹉

"SHING!"

The deciding sound the Titans heard before they fell. One after another, each one slaughtered beautifully. Their blood dripping down cottages and stores, and the ground from where they once prowled was now masked with their life force.

As the smoke cleared the Titans were gone, and so was their savior. But, who was this mysterious Titan slayer that showed up in their moment of desperation? Only one person knows, and that is Helios.

A fire crackles inside of a small hut enclosed by looming trees, its branches hovering over the wooden hut as the small fire continued to provide solace for three humans—a mother, a daughter, and a son. With flimsy clothes soiled by time, one might be stunned by their positive, content expressions. Rocking back and forth soundlessly the mother glances down at a tiny book nestled gently in her grip, her soft brown eyes browsing over the text as the two little children lay on either side of her, their pale cheeks glowing with luster from the fire.

"Mother! What else can he do?" The little boy inquired his mother, only to be silenced by her sharp glance. "We're getting to that part, Lucio—for now you must wait, it is bedtime." Sounds of protests rumbled from the two children's throats, but neither made a move to evade their mother's hands as she lifted them and placed them on a delicate blanket, their backs bunched closely against each other as the moon elucidated their raven eyes.

"Just one more page? We promise we'll behave extra-good tommarow!" The oldest daughter promised, but the mother shook her head. No more could they say then.

"I'm sorry, but the both of you have to help mommy with the field at daybreak. Now hurry and rest; tomorrow will be no different as today." Tickling their chests goodnight with a final goodnight kiss, the mother tiptoed towards the simmering fire, hoisting a small bucket of water before splashing it entirely on the fire. Smoke arose from its ambers as a low 'cling' came from the bucket meeting with the ground.

Stepping over towards her children the mother lay beside her daughter, closing her eyes as her aching body finally relaxed. Feeling her nose twitch upon smelling the subtle scent of fire, the mother only overlooked it, assuming that it was only the smoke that arose from where she laid the wood for the fire.

Oh, how quickly does one fall from heaven.

Fire.

Raging armies of fire scaled throughout the tiny village. Smoke and debree clouded the air around the few survivors as the once clear night sky was now impossible to see beyond the heavy fortress of smoke. Houses and stores fell one after another as cries for help echoed throughout the isolated village, far from Wall Maria.