𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗱𝗮𝘆 𝗮𝗳𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘁 𝗱𝗮𝘆

[

[ . . . ]

AND ON THE DAY AFTER THE LAST DAY, SHE WAS A MERE MEMORY. He was supposed to be dead, Sunghoon was supposed to be dead. He was supposed to wilt like a flower, surrender his body to the force that brought him into the world, letting the daisies and lilies feed with their ravenous mouths on his withering corpse. 

The sun was past the horizon, the eyes of celestials peeking through the darkness. One by one they filled the sky, a woven blanket held together with the strings of light and the fabric of darkness. It hung heavy on his shoulders, creating a comforting warmth. 

Wistful eyes glanced down at her. Her head in his lap, eyes closed, lips slightly parted. One could mistake her for sleeping. And she was, she was sleeping, just eternally. 

Without her, Sunghoon was not sure what he was supposed to do.

The poison slowly dripped down the side of her cheek, her lips stained with its wicked colour. It mimicked the colour of her face, purple like the violets he had planted. 

The pad of his finger gently grazed her lip, the acidic poison gently stung, causing a small hiss to leave his lips. 

With a shaky breath, he brushed a few strands of her hair away from her face. 

It all made sense. The way she carried herself, the way she spoke and the way she delivered were not the same as any other mortal he had met. She was not the same kind as he was. Otherworldly, born from the flames of the sun to serve the universe. She had dedicated her life to save his. Almost like a guardian of some sort ━ a guardian angel.

Eyes trailing down to his finger, he stared at the purple liquid. 

Mind in a daze, and vision covered by grief, Sunghoon exhaled the breath he had unknowingly been holding. He could live on, or he could honour his promise; his promise to stay by her side forevermore.

Closing his eyes, he leaned down and placed his lips against hers, the poison tainting him too. 

Her morning star had fallen, bringing his angel with him. 

[ . . . ]