chapter 3

The third degree is the most dangerous and feared torture of the Black Hawks but only Xan could administer it, that was the rule.
In the second floor underground, a figure could be seen smiling in the dark as he slowly walked over like a demon hidden in darkness to where the spy was left. He sat down elegantly and lazily leaned against the back of the chair, his long legs crossed. James stood behind Xan and handed him a cup of black coffee.
    "It's time"; Xan said.
As Xan stood up and walked like the devil's incarnate to stand in front of the spy the spy couldn't help but subconsciously feel fear in his heart as he said agitatedly; Alexander, you are crazy and inhumane. You will die a horrible death....
He had heard such curses countless times, but he was still living well in this world. On the other hand, all the people who opposed him did not have a nice ending.
Before the spy could finish speaking, a sharp dagger flew into his mouth. Xan looked up coldly; "you are making me annoyed". "Cut his tongue and shut him up forever". A subordinate quickly carried out this task feeling gleeful that he could join the torture.
  The dungeon fell silent.
The spy was in so much pain that his eyes almost fell out of their sockets. The pain all over his body made him sweat. Xan said indifferently; stop the bleeding. "Yes boss"; another subordinate said and went to carry out the order. Xan's face was expressionless even after just cutting off someone's tongue.
  It was a venom dagger so he would die sooner or later. He just wanted him to live in pain for a few more days until he breathes his last which was why he stopped the bleeding. Then, he calmly went to the spy taking another dagger strapped at the waist of one of his men and started using the dagger to make different inscriptions on the body of the spy. Then, he waved his hand forward and about 5 of his men came with their own daggers and continued the inscriptions while he went to his seat and sat down watching. After an hour or so, the spy was left with only one of his hands, an eye, his legs and half of his teeth. It was a truly horrible sight.
  "Take him to the dungeon"; Xan said, then he stood up and left. He slowly walked into the luxurious Villa from the dark basement. The villa and the basement seemed to be two different worlds. When James had asked him why the basement is directly under his house, he replied; "the most dangerous place is the safest place".

CHANTELLE

  In the evening, I had to go to the supermarket to get sanitary pads since I was on my period and mine had just finished.
  On my way to the supermarket, I saw two men walking my way looking at me lewdly. I quickly turned and started walking in the opposite direction. I felt their footsteps hasten behind me, I broke into a run and they followed suit. Soon, they came to stop right in front of me and before I could turn and keep running, one of them grabbed my hands while the other said; "pretty girl, you made us run a long distance why not keep us company this night"? "Get your filthy hands off me"; I said, trying to keep my calm then I bit him hardly on his wrist and he let go off me groaning slightly. As I was about to make a move, his accomplice pulled me to himself, turned me over and before I knew it, I felt a sharp knife at the base of my neck and instantly I knew that with just a little pressure from him, I would be dead and gone. He said; "agree to come with us quietly or you lose your life". Before I could even make a choice, gunshots were heard and the hand on my neck loosened. When I turned around, I saw the two men who were following me dead with bullet holes in their foreheads and chests, the sight was so gory that I screamed and staggered backwards but before I could fall to the ground, I felt a pair of hands hold me and then I succumbed to the darkness.

    The person who shot the gun was Andrew, James' right-hand man who was put in charge of watching Chantelle, held her and took her back to his car when she fainted. He didn't know what to do since he was not given instructions for this kind of situation so he just took her to the boss's Villa while he called people to take care of the bodies.

CHANTELLE

   I woke up in a luxurious room painted grey and black, the king-sized bed I laid on was so soft I could lay there forever. "Where am I"? I asked myself, then I began to remember all that had happened down to the gory sight which made my skin crawl and again I screamed. The door opened and the last face I expected to see showed up. Xan entered with a somewhat... worried-if-i-may-say-expression in his face, but then again,when has Xan ever been worried and even if he has, he couldn't have ever been about me. His indifferent expression showed on his face and I think I calmed down a bit. "Where you the one that saved me"? I asked, my voice strained. "Yes"; he said, his voice clipped. "Thank you very much sir"; I said, placing emphasis on the 'sir', "I'd get going now"; I finished. "Oh, I don't think you'd want to get up now"; he said,his eyes flickering down and back up to my face. I looked down and horror filled my face as I blushed to the roots of my hair. I had stained on my clothes and his bed. I remember I had gone out to get sanitary pads before the incident happened. I covered my face with a pillow, I was too mortified to even look at him.
  I've sent my housekeeper to get you your essentials, he should be back anytime soon. "Did he just say he"? "Like seriously he"?? "How could he ask a man to get these things for me"? "I will never be able to face the world again"; I screamed internally. "Okay thanks"; I said removing the pillow from my face.