10. Bonding with his stepmom, and new friends.

It wasn't that Mary didn't want to get tangled up with Hannah, but Hannah's identity made it impossible for her to get anything out of her no matter what she said. Hannah was the mistress of the villa, and the servants all listened to her. Mary wanted to sow discord between the husband and wife, but Hannah wasn't fooled!

Why was she still wasting her time here!

Hannah stood at the door and watched Mary leave. For the first time, she was curious about Albert. An old man who was almost forty years old and there was still a woman came rushing to his door? Just because he had a lot of money? But if it was just money, there was no need to waste so many years, right?

(Meanwhile Albert hiding in a corner: "But I am only 35, I am still considered young TToTT")

It was said that Mary kept coming to the villa after Ms. Chen and Albert divorced. She was so persistent, was it really just for money? It didn't seem like it. 

When they returned to the villa, Hannah noticed that the maid was looking at her strangely. She was probably shocked.

The servants' impression of Hannah was that she was taciturn and easy to serve. Now that she had angered the person who came to provoke her with a few words, it might be that she could not bear it anymore.

However, Hannah did not think of hiding her true personality. She was good at judging the situation and talking nonsense to others, but that did not mean that she liked to be ridden on by others. To a provocateur like Mary, she had to fight back fiercely.

As for thinking that her personality had changed drastically? So what? They did not know her in the very first place.

During dinner time, Hannah specially ordered the kitchen to make Kadhai Paneer and Naan.

(Kadhai Paneer = Cottage Cheese in a Frying Pan which are cooked with lots of fragrant spices)

"Madam do you also like to eat Indian Food? I did not reckon that you can also like Indian Food since generally you eat food with less spices."

Hannah's eyes flickered dangerously for a second, scaring the cook out of his mind but when he blinked again she looked as gentle as ever.

With a soft smile on her face Hannah said "I went to India a few years back, the food was amazing. I love it. It's just that it takes more time to make so I do not always want to burden the kitchen with my request and make me seem like a cruel mistress of the house."

The cook broke out in cold sweat.

"Absolutely no madam, if you like it we will cook it for you anytime you want." The cook stammered out.

Hannah's smile widened, but she looked more like a smiling tiger than a soft and gentle woman.

"Is that so, I will have to thank you then." She said ever so politely.

The cook fled from the room after a flurry of jumbled words.

This incident passed by in a breeze like it never happened. But only the cook realized that the madam they are serving is not as simple as she looks. But he didn't share it with anyone as it felt like his life will be on line if he even said a word.

Sitting here in the home leisurely, Hannah herself did not realize how well she has adapted to the life over here. After she came her, she found out that the chefs of the rich families were not just one or two. Instead, it was like a five-star restaurant, with Chefs knowing almost all types culinary skills that she knew of, as well as chefs specialized in making desserts. Each chef also had an assistant, which guaranteed that they could cook as soon as the owner wanted to eat.