𝗱𝗮𝘆 𝗼𝗻𝗲

[

[ . . . ]

THE MOMENT SHE STEPPED INTO HIS COTTAGE, SHE KNEW. She always knew. There was no hiding from her. Sunghoon found it intriguing how she always knew things, it was as if she could tell the future.

'What are you going to do, Sunghoon?'

She moved closer to him, hand placing itself on his cheek. Her warmth and closeness brought a feeling of comfort. He never liked to admit that she made him feel safe ━ it would ruin his ego.

Closing his eyes, Sunghoon leaned into her touch, pushing his pride and ego to the side for a split second.

'What if it's all a lie?'

But it wasn't, Sunghoon knew that.

'You've taken a life from the sacred forest, Sunghoon, and now you have to pay.'

Once one's fate had been set, there was no changing that. Not unless he could rewrite the words between the stars, change the course of the world to the point where he would be alive. But Sunghoon was a mortal, he could not speak to the stars, only admire their beauty from the Earth they had created.

'A life for a life, he said. That's what the angel said.'

'I know.'

'I don't want to die.'

'I know. . .'

A small sigh left Sunghoon's lips. 'I'm going to have to, aren't I?'

Teeth snagging her bottom lip, she glanced up at him. 'Yes'

[ . . . ]