𝗱𝗮𝘆 𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗿𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻

[

[ . . . ]

ON THE FOURTEENTH DAY, SHE DIED. Angels were not supposed to meddle with human business. Somehow, she had not been able to stop herself. It was love at first sight. She had fallen harder than Lucifer the moment she looked into his eyes, dark with a certain familiarity and comfort had engulfed her. It was as if she was meant to look into them.

The day she met him was the day she swore to protect his life. The heavens had shunned and ostracised her for such a decision, but she could not care less. Love was a powerful tool, even among angels. 

Once the sun hit the horizon, her life would be taken and Sunghoon would live on. He seemed to be oblivious to such a thing as his hand slowly ran through her hair. The field he had taken the flower from seemed to anticipate her demise. 

The empty bottles rested against the soil, waiting to be consumed. A feeling of calmness washed over her. She knew what was beyond death for an angel, and it was comforting. 

The spectrum of abstract and concrete was wide. Nothingness seemed to sway towards the abstract part of the spectrum, and that's where she was heading. That's what was waiting for her, nothingness.

Her eyes met the sun as it touched the horizon. 

A wave of tiredness and exhaustion washed over her, imploring her to close her eyes.

It was time. Sighing, she did not try fighting it, knowing full well she was going to lose that fight. Slowly, her breath came to a halt, as did her heartbeat. Sunghoon's voice was distant, too distant for her to make out any words that seemed to leave his lips. A hand on her cheek while his other than gently shook her shoulders seemed to bring a tiny spark of life into her. However, that quickly died down. 

A feeling of guilt entered her. 

I love you.

The words did not make it out of her mind, but she knew he heard them. 

Falling limp against Sunghoon, her lips stained with the purple liquid slowly parted as she exhaled her last breath.

Lucifer was waiting for her. 

[ . . . ]